Engage Abilities is a registered service provider of the NDIS as well as a service provider for the Department of Communities and Justice through the Casework Support Scheme (CSS).
Our team of highly experienced and qualified staff aim to provide a quality service that reflects participants’ choices, meets their needs and promotes their dignity, wellbeing, abilities and independence.
We are currently recruiting Behaviour Support Practitioners (Contractor – ABN required). The job can be performed remotely across the Greater Sydney region.
About the Role:
The key responsibilities for this role include:
- Using an evidence-based approach to implement appropriate behavioural support services.
- Developing and overseeing behaviour support plans in consultation with the participants, their families, carers and other stakeholders.
- Developing individualised strategies that are responsive to the person’s needs and are in line with their goals.
- Ensuring people who will be implementing the plan (i.e Carers, families) can implement positive behaviour strategies or use restrictive practices.
- Ensuring practices comply with relevant regulations (i.e. NDIS) and Engage Abilities’ policies and procedures.
- Completed a degree level qualification (Psychology, ABA, Speech Pathology, Occupational Therapy)
- Experience in functional behaviour assessments and developing Behaviour Support Plans for people living with complex support needs
- Knowledge of the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission’s requirements.
- Current registration with the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission as a Behaviour Support Practitioner
- Excellent time management and organisational skills to manage a varied caseload
- Pro-active attitude, motivated by improvement and the opportunity to test and learn from new ideas
- Professional report writing skills to develop an evidenced-based Positive Behaviour Support Plan
- Ability to form positive relationships with individuals, families, carers, staff and others
- You have your own ABN and Insurances (Public Liability and Professional Indemnity)
Work in a friendly and cohesive team environment. Our organisation is inclusive: we have built a culture where difference is valued. If you are a passionate Behaviour Support Practitioner looking for a chance to contribute your skills and expertise to an organisation that strives to make a positive difference in people’s lives, apply now!
Please note that all our employees go through a screening process including reference checks, WWCC, NDISWC and Police check. Applicants must be vaccinated against Covid 19.