Momentum Collective is a registered charity and not-for-profit community services organisation creating real social change and inclusive opportunities. We have a proud 40 year track record operating in a suite of programs in disability, mental health, homelessness, social and affordable housing, family & domestic violence, child family and community services.
We believe in a shared or collective responsibility to help close these gaps and are looking for can do, positive people, to join our community movement.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is an Aboriginal Program empowering the Aboriginal Community in the area. This position will provide flexible and tailored case management to support housing, wellbeing and safety to Aboriginal people experiencing or are at risk of homelessness.
This role offers you the opportunity to be part of an organisation which creates positive and lasting change in the lives of the local Aboriginal Community.
Being an Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person is a genuine occupational qualification for this position, under the Anti-Discrimination Act section 14D.
- This position is an identified Aboriginal position and therefore Aboriginality is a requirement of the job as well as cultural association with one or more of the local Aboriginal communities.
- Qualifications in a social science or related field and/or relevant equivalent case worker experience in supporting people experiencing domestic and family violence
- Capacity to develop an understanding of the private rental market and relate to real estate agents and landlords
- Excellent communication skills, particularly in the areas of negotiation, facilitation, mediation and problem solving
- Current unencumbered Driver’s License
- Current Working With Children check
Momentum Collective is committed to creating social change and inclusive opportunities for everyone. We promote diversity when recruiting our team and are guided by our core values of trust and respect, wellbeing, innovation, working well together and being gracious. We respect the special place our nation’s first people hold in our communities and value the differences in everyone.
Interested in this position?
Please click the “Apply” button to upload your resume and cover letter.
For Enquiries: please contact Christina on 0428 130 551
We acknowledge the traditional custodians of the land on which we live and work and pay our respects to their elders past and present.