Melbourne Wellbeing Group is a well established and reputable group allied health practice. Joining us means working alongside people who have a wide range of experience, who are impactful and supportive, and who enjoy a wide range of opportunities that is not what you would normally receive in private practice.
Are you keen to make a difference? Not just to the individual lives of others and their families but to advocate for mental healthcare worldwide? At MWG we are passionate about advocating for mental healthcare in all that we do. We provide support through evidence based practice to our network of people through individual, family, and group therapy, we provide education through workshops and supervision, and we advocate for mental health around the world through our podcast show and volunteer charity work. We’re looking for equally passionate clinicians who want to help us help others. We’re looking for enthusiastic and confident people who are all about providing evidence-based healthcare, who can work independently, who love working within a team, and who are able to nurture positive, caring, and compassionate relationships within our team and to those in their care.
Benefits and perks when you join us at MWG
- Pre-existing referral pathways for consistent client load, bookings, and income stability
- A variety of clinical presentations and opportunities to grow your niche area of practice
- Full administrative support provided by our client relationship team
- We arrange for clinicians in the field to provide professional development to our team at our quarterly in-house professional development events tailored to the needs of the team
- We meet for regular peer supervision and journal club
- We provide individual supervision
- Opportunities to provide group therapy programs and support in helping you to develop and market your own if you’d like to run your own group program
- Beautifully appointed and comfortable practice rooms
- Clinical research opportunities
- Opportunities to provide supervision if you’re a senior clinician
- Access to an experienced and well-established team of clinicians with a wide range of experience
- Opportunities to be a part of our podcast show
- Opportunities to help us deliver the Inspiring Girls Australia program. Inspiring Girls Australia is a not for profit charity organisation that is a global initiative and is in 30 countries across the world. Our clinic directors have volunteered their time to developing the program which is set to roll out in schools in Term 3 of this year. MWG is an official partner of Inspiring Girls Australia.
About this position
The role will be offered to a registered accredited mental health social worker as a contracting arrangement with opportunities to scale your income based on your level of experience.
The right candidate will:
- Be passionate, enthusiastic, and confident
- Demonstrate skill and experience in providing a broad range of evidence-based psychological interventions
- Demonstrate experience in providing psychological services to children, adolescents and/or adults
- Have a degree in social work
- Be registered with AASW
- Be eligible for Medicare registration
- Have a current ABN or be eligible for one
- Have professional indemnity insurance and other relevant checks
- Be fully vaccinated based on current healthcare guidelines.
- Be able to provide a hybrid model of face to face care and Telehealth
Key skills required for this role:
- Be willing and able to function autonomously
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good organisation and time management skills
- Willingness to take on challenges and learn new skills.
- Be willing and able to work within a team
- Interested in the treatment of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Experience or an interest in working with adolescents and adults.
If you think you have what it takes and would like to join our team, please email your resume, a cover letter, and two referee contacts to Celin Gelgec – [email protected]
What our Team has to say about life at MWG.
“I started working at MWG as a new registrar and have developed so much and have felt so supported over the last 12 months. I feel less anxious about being an early career psychologist and I frequently receive the support and flexibility I need to keep growing as a clinician and caring for my clients. I’m really happy that I am where I am for my work”. – clinical psychology registrar.
“It feels really good to be a part of a well established team who genuinely care about client care and advocacy. This reflects in the team culture at MWG because we’re all here to help each other help others. Being well supported by our client relationship team as well as our team of colleagues enables me to explore and develop my own interests and team goals, it helps me to keep growing as a clinician through supervision and training and it helps me to explore and execute new opportunities that I might be interested in. I have variety in my role and I like the balanced workload. The culture here is professional, relaxed, and really supportive and I feel really passionate about the work and opportunities that I have at MWG.” – senior clinical psychologist.