- Max term 12 months | Full time
- Location: Bankstown
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Life at Mission Australia
When you join our team at Mission Australia, you become part of a community who are determined to end homelessness and ensure people in need can thrive. United by our Christian purpose and values, we stand together with anyone who needs us, for as long as they need us. Find out more about us and our purpose.
Deliver DCJ funded TEI services to assist 12 to 18 year old young people and their families who reside in Bankstown, with services that will prevent them from involvement in the Child protection system through- Advice and Support, Case management, Life skills education workshops, Counselling and Parent education workshops and support groups.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Respond to referrals of young people and families to the service per year from internal and external support services in a timely manner.
- Engage and develop ongoing relationships with the intention of building trust and providing case management.
- Have good understanding of the responsibility and ROSH reporting in line with the Children and Young Persons [Care & Protection] Act 1998.
- Actively advocate for clients and work collaboratively with other services and government agencies where necessary and assist in attendance to appointments (medical and other) and transport to and from support services where possible.
- Assist clients in the process of transition out of the service into independence or other services including the support team.
- Develop quality relationships with a range of key stakeholders in Bankstown including community organisations, schools, the Department of Community Services, and relevant health professionals to allow for the effective provision of support and information to clients.
- Develop and conduct a range of groupwork programs for clients on a range of topics relevant to adolescents and families.
- Participate in a range of interagency meetings, steering committees, and other forums to share information best practice and highlight the needs of families and adolescents in the community.
- Participate in the collection and collation of service-related information and data for the purpose of reporting back to the funding body.
Requirements for Success
- 2-year Diploma or higher in Social Welfare related study or relevant industry experience.
- Significant knowledge and experience working with target group and related issues.
- Knowledge of youth issues relating to, mental illness, alcohol, and drug use etc.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, including ability to communicate effectively with clients, team members and other service providers.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in case management.
- Group facilitating experience delivering life skills workshops and family education/support workshops.
- Demonstrated ability to work respectfully and in partnership with young people, families and other stakeholders.
- Computer literacy in a Windows environment..
- Covid Vaccination is mandatory.
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks.
Our innovative and inclusive culture will ensure you feel valued at Mission Australia as you help Australians in need and develop in your career.
We’re committed to the safety and wellbeing of each other and the people we serve.
We recognise and respect diversity. So, whoever you are, if you’re skilled and actively support our purpose and values, you would be welcome at Mission Australia.
Find out more about a career with Mission Australia.
If you need support to submit your application, please email [email protected]
- Rewarding work – every day you know you’re making a real difference
- Not-for-profit salary packaging, reducing your tax (details via AccessPay)
- Generous discounts with health insurance and major retailers
- Free external, confidential counselling and access to chaplaincy support.
How to apply
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘Apply for this job’ and send your cover letter and resume today. As a committed Circle Back Initiative employer, we will respond to your application.
For more information, feel free to view the Position Description via Adolescent and Family Caseworker.pdf
For further information regarding working with us, visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications will be shortlisted as they are received. Please apply as soon as possible to be considered. Thank you.