The Centre for Evidence and Implementation is a global team of research, policy and practice experts based in Australia, Singapore and the United Kingdom, working with our clients – policy makers, governments, practitioners, program providers, organisation leaders and funders – to:
- understand the evidence base
- develop methods and processes to put the evidence into practice, and
- trial, test and evaluate policies and programs to drive more effective decisions and deliver better outcomes.
We work in collaboration with our global partnership network to ensure that we are accessing and producing only high quality evidence, developed through rigorous and innovative methods. As an independent, social purpose organisation we are motivated by our mission to improve the lives of children, families and communities facing adversity.
What’s in it for you?
Due to rapid business expansion we have multiple opportunities for exceptional candidates as Advisors in our Sydney and Melbourne teams. Are you looking for a new challenge and want to join a successful and growing organisation dedicated to creating lasting and effective social change? Do you have a passion for real-world implementation of evidence-informed solutions? If so, we want to hear from you.
- Join a growing organisation and work with a dynamic international team, located in Australia, Singapore, and London
- A career that is purpose driven and flexible in a supportive, agile, and positive environment
- Excellent working conditions, including an additional week of company leave time
- Competitive salary reflective of skills and experience, salary packaging available
Working closely with senior staff, the role of the Advisor is to support and lead the delivery of a portfolio of CEI projects with government and community services. You will lead the development of evidence informed practice frameworks; support efforts to effectively implement interventions through a range of evidence-based strategies; and contribute to project management, research, presentations, and publications as required.
As an Advisor you will bring a high level of experience in clinical practice of evidence-informed therapeutic approaches. You will benefit from a grounding in implementation science literature and/or experience in providing implementation support for evidence-informed programs and practices in social services settings. You will be flexible and bring a diverse skillset to lead and contribute across CEI’s key areas of work.
Key Areas of Responsibility & Required Competencies
Under the direction of the Director or Senior Advisor, the Advisor takes responsibility for the following activities:
- Support the design and development of evidence-informed practice resources, such as practice frameworks and practice guides
- Providing implementation support for evidence-informed programs, practices and interventions
- Contribute to CEI’s thought leadership and knowledge exchange in implementation science and related topics
- Project management and delivery
- Business development and stakeholder relationships
- Internal operations
- Other duties as required
- Knowledge of and a commitment to the work of CEI, including a strong sense of social justice, professional ethics and commitment to evidence-informed practice.
- Excellent project management skills, including ability to coordinate team activities, establish priorities, set and meet deadlines, and manage budgets.
- Excellent written communication skills, and ability to prepare high quality documents for a range of audiences (e.g. practitioners, policymakers, etc.).
- Experience in collecting, summarising, understanding and using monitoring and evaluation data.
- Competent in searching, critiquing and using relevant literature and evidence to inform project activities.
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability take a flexible and adaptive approach and thrive in a truly fast-paced environment.
Key Selection Criteria
Essential Knowledge or Experience:
- Minimum of three years’ experience in the design and/or implementation of evidence-informed practices, programs, interventions or policies in human services (e.g. child welfare, parenting and families, youth justice, mental health, health, education, housing, homelessness, employment).
- Minimum of three years’ experience delivering interventions, programs or other therapeutic services directly to clients in a relevant sector (e.g. child welfare, parenting and families, youth justice, mental; health, health, education, housing, homelessness, employment).
- Postgraduate degree in psychology, social work, or related discipline
Diversity and Inclusion at CEI
We are committed to improving outcomes for communities who are facing adversity through leveraging the best available evidence. We value diversity and inclusion. We actively seek and welcome applications from people with diverse backgrounds and with lived experience of the social issues our work addresses and in the communities we aim to serve. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders.
Please submit your CV plus a separate statement of not more than 3 sides of A4 demonstrating how you meet the Key Selection Criteria to [email protected].
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, we encourage you to apply early, the final date to apply is Monday 15th August 2022.
Position Description – https://www.ceiglobal.org/about/careers/vacancies
Please note: We have a legal responsibility to ensure that all our employees have the legal right to live and work in the country of work. If we make an offer of employment, we will need to check that you are eligible to work in Australia before you start work.
The Centre for Evidence and Implementation (CEI) is founded by Save the Children Australia. Being a child-safe organisation, all employees are required to undergo a National Police Check, and sign our Child Protection Policy and Code of Conduct.