Start your career with The Salvation Army today!
We are looking for compassionate people who share our mission and values, if you have the passion and drive to commit yourself to a challenging and rewarding role; we invite you to review our current vacancies.
The Salvation Army is a Christian movement and one of Australia’s largest and most-loved charities, helping thousands of Australians every year find hope in the midst of all kinds of personal hardship. The Salvation Army offers the opportunity to use your professional skills and expertise to make a real difference in the lives of people who need help most.
The Salvation Army is one of Australia’s largest providers of alcohol and other drug services. We offer a range of services including Harm Reduction and Primary Health Services as well as a range of treatment types (including residential treatment centres, community-based support programs, counselling and withdrawal management services). We work to a modern, evidence based and holistic Model of Care which can be viewed here: https://www.salvationarmy.org.au/scribe/sites/auesalvos/files/need-help/AOD_National_Model_of_Care.pdf [link removed]
We are currently seeking a values-driven and proactive AOD Practitioner (Counsellor). The position is instrumental in providing counselling, support, liaison, case management and a range of interventions to assist in improving the health & wellbeing for individuals, family members and significant others residing in the Northern Victoria Alcohol and Other Drug Services (NVAODS).
This is a full-time position, maximum term to 31 December 2022.
You will successfully
- Provide AOD Counselling with the use of Evidence based interventions, delivered in line with client centred approach that aligns with AOD training and qualifications according to complexity of the client and family needs within a recovery framework
- Build strong and effective relationships with clients and their families, to assist client through treatment using family inclusive interventions
- Assist Clients to build networks and post treatment support plans that include personal networks, after care, self-help groups and community activities
- Assist Clients with access to support services and establish community supports, and where needed, assist through advocacy with service providers.
- Ongoing assessment is made of the client’s issues, needs and circumstances from initial intake to exit
- Maintain accurate, up to date client records and data for all clients
This position will work as part of an AOD team of professionals based in Bendigo to ensure the delivery of high-quality services for people seeking AOD support.
You will have
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work or related discipline
- Minimum qualification Diploma Community Services
- Relevant experience in a social service environment
- AOD Skillset or willingness to undertake within the first 12 months of commencing employment
- A current VIC Drivers Licence
- Valid VIC Employee Working with Children Check
- Ability to provide proof of Eligibility to Work in Australia
The Salvation Army is subject to public health orders. You may be required to provide evidence of vaccine status dependent on requirements.
What we offer
- As a registered not for profit organisation, you may be eligible for generous tax-free salary packaging benefits
- Financial, retail and lifestyle discounts and benefits
- Employee Assistance Program – Independent confidential counselling service
- An inclusive culture of dedicated, passionate and professional team members
Matt Malouf at [email protected]
The Salvation Army is an Equal Opportunity Employer who provides an inclusive work environment and embraces the diverse talent of its people. We value people of all cultures, languages, capacities, sexual orientations, gender identities and/or expressions. We are committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
The Salvation Army is a child safe organisation and is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. All child facing roles will require the successful completion of a Working with Children Check. Applicants for all roles require a mandatory National Police Check.
We value Integrity, Compassion, Respect, Diversity, and Collaboration.