Employment Type: Casual
Position Classification: Social Worker lvl 1/2, Occupational Therapist Lvl 1/2, Psychologist
Remuneration: $33.17 – $52.09 per hour
Hours Per Week: As required
Requisition ID: REQ319378
Are you an Allied Health Clinician – Social Worker, Occupational Therapist or Psychologist – with Mental Health experience and a desire to help consumers in the Community? Join our casual pool and work as much or as little as you like!
You will have the opportunity to pick up available shifts across our various teams providing you the fleixibility of work/life balance or to supplement your main income.
Where you’ll be working
Community Mental Health, Eastern Suburbs Mental Health Service
What you’ll be doing
The vision for South Eastern Sydney Local Health District (SESLHD) is ‘exceptional care, healthier lives’. SESLHD is committed to enabling our community to be healthy and well, and to providing the best possible compassionate care when people need it.
Plan, coordinate and deliver high quality acute mental health care to consumers consistent with South Eastern Sydney Local Health District (SESLHD) policies, procedures and standards.
The role involves telephone triage, mental health assessment and risk management. The position is casual and is able to work as part of a 24 hour seven (7) day a week rotating roster.
SESLHD is committed to creating a workplace that reflects the diversity of our community. This will help ensure our employees, our patients and their carers, feel supported. We encourage people from different backgrounds to apply.
Employment of a temporary visa holder may only occur if no suitable permanent resident or citizen of Australia has been identified for this position following suitable labour market testing.
All NSW Health workers are required to have completed a primary course of a COVID-19 vaccine which has been approved or recognised by the Therapeutics Goods Administration (TGA). New applicants must have completed the vaccination course prior to commencement with NSW Health, or provide an approved medical contraindication certificate certifying the worker cannot have any approved COVID-19 vaccines available in NSW.
Acceptable proof of vaccination is the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) Immunisation History Statement or AIR COVID-19 Digital Certificate. Booster doses are highly recommended for all health care workers who have completed the primary course of COVID-19 vaccinations. Please provide proof of booster vaccination if available
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Work and eligible for membership with AASW. Tertiary qualifications in Occupational Therapy or Psychology (with a minimum four-year degree with a major in Psychology and registration with the Psychologists Board of Australia) and registered with AHPRA.
- Demonstrated core competency skills in Mental Health interventions in the Community and experience in providing comprehensive mental health assessments
- Demonstrated high level written and verbal communication, and interpersonal skills, and the ability to proactively engage with patients/clients to enhance service delivery
- Demonstrated experience working with people with an acute mental illness or disorder
- Demonstrated experience working as part of a multi-disciplinary team and to exercise independent professional judgement on routine matters, commensurate with years of experience
- Demonstrated computer skills and the capacity to use health information systems
- Demonstrated commitment to quality improvement and evidence based practice and a commitment to ongoing clinical and professional learning
- Current unrestricted NSW Drivers Licence
Need more information?
1) Click here for the Position Description and SESLHD Expected Standards
2) Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Andrew Whalan on [email protected]
Applications Close: 17 July 2022