Mental Health Services – South, Acute Care Team
- The Acute Care Team is a new and dynamic service that provides triage, comprehensive assessment, brief interventions and short-term care-coordination to consumers, their family and friends. The Acute Care Team is embedded in the Acute Care Stream that comprises Acute Care Team, Homeless Outreach Support Team, Mental Health Hospital in the Home, Access Mental Health and PACER. It is based in Hobart CBD and services the Southern region of Tasmania.
As part of a multidisciplinary team delivering person centred, recovery orientated and trauma informed care, in accordance with National Standards for Mental Health Services, Agency policies and procedures, legal requirements and relevant professional competencies, the Allied Health Professional – Acute Care Team (Mental Health) will:
- Undertake the delivery of quality care to consumers, their families, and carers of the Acute Care Team (ACT) service, based on best practice principles including recovery-oriented practice, the Triangle of Care Framework and Trauma Informed Care, within a collaborative and multidisciplinary environment.
- Provide assertive community based mental health care to consumers of the service through active therapeutic engagement, monitoring and review of mental state and response to treatments and ongoing psychotherapeutic work using a range of modalities and techniques including service and family and carer liaison and collaboration.
- Provide specialist assessment and treatment services to consumers of the ACT, including triage and assessments, safety planning and contributing specialist skills and experience to treatment and transfer of care and discharge planning, in the consumer’s home and/or the community.
- Promote community awareness in relation to mental health and act as a consultant to other services regarding the support and care of consumers with mental health needs in the community setting.
Benefits of working with Department of Health/Mental Heath
- Work across a multi-disciplinary work environment
- Focus on ongoing professional and career development
- Hobart offers world heritage wilderness and pristine beaches on your doorstep
Learn more about our beautiful state here: https://tasmanian.com.au/
- Provide discipline specific clinical expertise, support and clinical care to the team, consumers, their families and carers and other services throughout the broader community.
- Provide treatment recommendations and specialist advice to the multidisciplinary team, other health professionals and community managed organisations, as required, and assist with clinical decision making and the planning, implementation, and evaluation of care to facilitate a person centred and recovery oriented approach.
- Provide evidence-based, trauma informed assessment, specialist therapies and treatment interventions for consumers with acute and complex mental health problems, including the development and implementation of these interventions within the consumer’s home, in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team, the consumers families and carers and other service providers.
- Provide brief targeted interventions, support, and psychoeducation, as appropriate, to consumers and their families and carers and other service providers in the identification of their strengths and needs, formulation of goals and the development and implementation of care.
Note: – Please refer to the Statement of Duties for all the selection criteria of this position to address in your application.
Details of Appointment:
Permanent, full time, shift work (set rotational), position working 76 hours per fortnight, commencing as soon as possible.
*notwithstanding hours may be negotiated with the successful applicant
- Applicants should note that, for a period of six months from the date of publication, this selection process may be used to fill subsequent or similar full time and part time vacancies.
Mental Health Services – South
Salary: $96,689 to $114,391 per annum+ 10.5 % superannuation
- Please note that access to salaries beyond $107,629 is subject to completion of a relevant Graduate Diploma or application to the personal upgrade scheme in accordance with Schedule 8 of the Allied Health Professionals Public Sector Unions Wages Agreement 2019.
- Salary range is in accordance with Allied Health Professionals Public Sector Unions Wages Agreement 2019
In addition, the following allowances calculated on the salaried incremental point may be available:
- Professional Development Allowance of up to $724 per annum for the ability to accrue fund up to five years
- Post graduate qualification salary advancement where applicable
Successful applicants will be required to meet the essential criteria:
- Registered with the Occupational Therapy Board of Australia; or
- Degree in Social Work giving eligibility for membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers; or
- Registered with the Psychology Board of Australia
- Current Tasmanian Working with Children Registration
Applicants should note the following criteria are desirable:
- Established professional relationships with service providers external to SMHS
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre‑employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- Conviction checks in the following areas:
- crimes of violence
- sex related offences
- serious drug offences
- crimes involving dishonesty
- Identification check
- Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
We encourage you to review the Applicant Guide and Statement of Duties, prior to applying for an overview of the duties, program, selection process and selection criteria.
- 525828 Allied Health Professional – Acute Care Team (MH) HP03 (December 2021) WWCT HR.pdf
- 525828 Allied Health Professional – Acute Care Team (MH) HP03 (December 2021) WWCT HR.docx
- Department of Health – Applicant Guide July 2021.pdf
- Department of Health – Applicant Guide July 2021.docx
How to Apply
Apply Online. Please click the blue “Apply now” button on this screen. This ensures important questions about you are answered.
You will be prompted to complete a 1-2 page application detailing your experience, skills and knowledge as they relate to the attached Statement of Duties.
- We do not require a separate statement addressing the selection criteria in the Statement of Duties.
- All attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
- Referee details are submitted as part of the online application so make sure you have the contact details of two referees before applying.
For More Information
The email account you provide when submitting job applications will be used in correspondence to you. It is important that this is kept up to date and monitored regularly.
To update your email address (or contact number), log in to www.jobs.tas.gov.au and look for “Existing applicant login” where you can update your details
The Department of Health values workforce diversity and recognises the value each person offers which is shaped by their unique characteristics, background, experiences, knowledge, skills, values and perspectives.