The Allied Health Professional – CHaPS
Provides therapeutic Psychological or Social Work services to parents with infants 0-4 years of age within a primary health care framework in accordance with the philosophy of CHaPS, Agency policy, legal requirements, and the Code of Ethics of the appropriate professional body (e.g., Australian Psychological Society [APS] or Australian Association of Social Workers [AASW])
- Work as an active and effective member of the CHaPS multidisciplinary team in the planning, implementation and evaluation of early intervention parenting support Psychological or Social Work services for clients and their families.
- Ensure the delivery of a comprehensive clinical service through the provision of assessment, case management, individual and group therapies for clients and their families.
- Provide evidence-based assessment and therapeutic interventions for clients and their families in relation to presenting clinical indicators.
- Provide education and information and act as a resource.
- Provide allied health advice and input regarding the case management of CHaPS clients, including attendance at team meetings and case review.
Note: – Please refer to the Statement of Duties for all the selection criteria of this position to address in your application.
Details of Appointment:
Fixed term, full time day work position working 76 hours per fortnight commencing as soon as possible until 26 March 2024.
*notwithstanding hours may be negotiated with the successful applicant
- Applicants should note that, for a period of six months from the date of publication, this selection process may be used to fill subsequent or similar full time and part time vacancies.
One position based in Northwest Tasmania
Base Salary: $96,689 to $114,391 per annum + 10.5% superannuation
Successful applicants will be required to meet the essential criteria:
- Registered with the AHPRA Psychology Board; or
- Degree in Psychology giving eligibility for membership of the Australian Psychological Society; or
- Degree in Social Work giving eligibility for membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers.
- Current Tasmanian Working with Children Registration.
Applicants should note the following criteria are desirable:
- Current Driver’s Licence
- Experience in therapeutic counselling, children and families and/or perinatal and infant mental health
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre‑employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- Conviction checks in the following areas:
- crimes of violence
- sex related offences
- serious drug offences
- crimes involving dishonesty
- serious traffic offences
- Identification check
- Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
We encourage you to review the Applicant Guide and Statement of Duties, prior to applying for an overview of the duties, program, selection process and selection criteria.
- 526929, 526930 Allied Health Professional – CHaPS HP03 (January 2022) HR (2).pdf
- 526929, 526930 Allied Health Professional – CHaPS HP03 (January 2022) HR (4).docx
- Department of Health – Applicant Guide June 22.pdf
- Department of Health – Applicant Guide June 22.docx
How to Apply
Apply Online. Please click the blue “Apply now” button on this screen. This ensures important questions about you are answered.
You will be prompted to complete a 1-2 page application detailing your experience, skills and knowledge as they relate to the attached Statement of Duties.
- All attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
- Referee details are submitted as part of the online application so make sure you have the contact details of two referees before applying.
For More Information (Contact Officer)
The email account you provide when submitting job applications will be used in correspondence to you. It is important that this is kept up to date and monitored regularly.
To update your email address (or contact number), log in to www.jobs.tas.gov.au and look for “Existing applicant login” where you can update your details
The Department of Health values workforce diversity and recognises the value each person offers which is shaped by their unique characteristics, background, experiences, knowledge, skills, values and perspectives.