The Department of Health is seeking interest from suitably qualified applicants for an Allied Health Professional – Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services vacancy.
Please note this position is also being advertised as a Clinical Nurse Specialist – Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (522497d) and only one position will be filled on merit.
The Hospital Team:
- We are seeking passionate and dynamic mental health professionals to join us at the forefront of child and adolescent mental health service development in Tasmania. Our vision is to provide world class, innovative mental health care to support our children and young people live life to the fullest with the best possible health and social outcomes.
- The Tasmanian Government are committed to action through the Tasmanian Mental Health Service Reforms with a whole raft of new initiatives in motion to change the shape and improve mental health service delivery. You too, can be part of this exciting work and help build new services and capacity in Tasmania to treat children and young people with severe and complex mental illness.
As part of a multi-disciplinary team delivering high quality mental health services in accordance with the Mental Health Services Strategic Plan, Mental Health Service principles, National Mental Health Standards, Agency policy, legal requirements and relevant professional competencies, the Allied Health Professional:
- Undertakes the delivery of quality care to clients of Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS) based on best practice principles and within a collaborative and multi-disciplinary framework.
- Provides a specialist assessment and treatment service to clients of CAMHS and their families or carers.
- Promotes community awareness in relation to mental health and acts as a consultant to other agencies with regard to the support and management of clients with mental health needs.
- Ensure the delivery of a comprehensive clinical service through the provision of assessment, case management and individual therapies, including specialised therapies for clients and their families or carers.
- Provide evidence-based assessment and treatment interventions for clients with major and complex mental health problems, including the development and implementation of specialised treatment programs.
- Function as an active member of a multi-disciplinary team, including the provision of support and consultation to other team members as required.
- Prepare specialised reports as required.
Note: – Please refer to the Statement of Duties for all the selection criteria of this position to address in your application.
Details of Appointment:
Permanent, full time, day work, position working 76 hours per fortnight, commencing from as soon as possible
*notwithstanding hours may be negotiated with the successful applicant
- Applicants should note that, for a period of six months from the date of publication, this selection process may be used to fill subsequent or similar full time and part time vacancies.
Mental Health Services – South
Learn more about our beautiful state here: https://tasmanian.com.au/
Base Salary: $96,689 to $114,391 pro-rata, per annum + 10.5% superannuation
- Please note that access to salaries beyond $105,245 is subject to qualifications and/or application to the personal upgrade scheme
- Salary range is in accordance with Allied Health Professionals Public Sector Unions Wages Agreement 2019
In addition, the following allowances calculated on the salaried incremental point may be available:
- Professional Development Allowance of up to $724 per annum for the ability to accrue fund up to five years
- Post graduate qualification salary advancement where applicable
Successful applicants will be required to meet the essential criteria:
- Registered with the Occupational Therapy Board of Australia; or
- Degree in Social Work giving eligibility for membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers; or
- Registered with the Psychology Board of Australia; or
- Degree or diploma in Applied Science, Speech Pathology or equivalent and eligibility for membership of Speech Pathology Australia (SPA).
- Current Tasmanian Working with Children Registration.
Applicants should note the following criteria are desirable:
- Current Driver’s Licence
- Post graduate experience in mental health in relation to CAMHS
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre‑employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- Conviction checks in the following areas:
- crimes of violence
- sex related offences
- serious drug offences
- crimes involving dishonesty
- Identification check
- Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
We encourage you to review the Applicant Guide and Statement of Duties, prior to applying for an overview of the duties, program, selection process and selection criteria.
- Generic Allied Health Professional – CAMHS HP03 (June 2022) WWCT HR22.pdf
- Generic Allied Health Professional – CAMHS HP03 (June 2022) WWCT HR22.docx
- Department of Health – Applicant Guide June 22.pdf
- Department of Health – Applicant Guide June 22.docx
How to Apply
Apply Online. Please click the blue “Apply now” button on this screen. This ensures important questions about you are answered.
You will be prompted to complete a 1-2 page application detailing your experience, skills and knowledge as they relate to the attached Statement of Duties.
- We do not require a separate statement addressing the selection criteria in the Statement of Duties.
- All attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
- Referee details are submitted as part of the online application so make sure you have the contact details of two referees before applying.
For More Information
To apply for this role, please go to www.jobs.tas.gov.au and look for vacancy number 522497
Applications close: Friday 19 August 2022 at 11:55pm
The email account you provide when submitting job applications will be used in correspondence to you. It is important that this is kept up to date and monitored regularly.
To update your email address (or contact number), log in to www.jobs.tas.gov.au and look for “Existing applicant login” where you can update your details
The Department of Health values workforce diversity and recognises the value each person offers which is shaped by their unique characteristics, background, experiences, knowledge, skills, values and perspectives.