Are you motivated to help people overcome barriers?
Jobfind leads the Employment Service Industry providing high calibre employment, recruitment, and training services to our job seekers, reflecting our commitment to quality.
From the Peninsula to the CBD and now in the North West suburbs and more, we have been serving the needs of Melbourne’s communities for more than 20 years with exceptional success and commitment for our Jobactive, DES and ParentsNext customers.
We are one of the most successful Jobactive providers; we value our employees, have a clear vision of success, and have fun in the process.
Due to growth we are seeking Allied Health Professionals for cohorts in Wonthaggi, Warragul, Morwell and Traralgon that includes:
- Social Workers
- Rehabilitation Counsellors
- Occupational Therapists
- Registered Nurses
- Mental Health Nurses
- Exercise Physiologists
- Speech Pathologists
What we offer:
- Rewarding and supporting culture
- Fun, honest, and exciting workplace
- Frequent training and development
- Culture that encourages development and promotes within
- Free employee assistance program
- Birthday and diversity leave
- Reward and recognition benefits program
The purpose of this role is to support work done by the Employment Consultants by providing strengths-based case management to jobseekers to help them overcome non vocational challenges with the aim of assisting them to obtain sustainable employment.
This role involves working with clients in individual case management including:
- Assessing job seekers for non-vocational issues which may include risk of homelessness, mental health issues, financial issues, family breakdown, social issues, and other non-vocational barriers to employment
- Create Non-Vocational Support Plan in conjunction with job seekers.
- Refer job seekers to external providers and make arrangements for them. Follow up with the provider and where appropriate attend appointment with job seeker
- Link job seekers with most appropriate non-vocational services in their local area and provide feedback to employment consultants
- Research and network with non-vocational providers to maintain and add to the suite of services available to our job seekers
- Attend meetings, steering committees and other functions as required to maintain networks with non-vocational partners
- Regularly consult with job seekers’ Employment Consultants on progress in overcoming non-vocational barriers
The successful applicant will have:
- Degree in Occupational Therapy, Social Work, Rehabilitation Counselling, Mental Health Nurse, Counselling, or equivalent Allied Health qualification. Note: Professional registration to practice required and APRHA registration where applicable.
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of case work services for disadvantaged job seekers
- Proven ability to build rapport and motivate job seekers and an in depth understanding of the local labour market, barriers to employment and underlying issues faced by disadvantaged job seekers
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to contribute to the team environment
- Efficient administration and demonstrated time-management skills
- The ability to work in accordance with Jobfind’s policies and procedures, and the Employment Services Code of Practice
- Demonstrated commitment to Continuous Improvement and Best Practice principles
- Current Drivers Licence and own transport is a requirement to travel between sites
- Working with Children’s Check or able to attain when and willingness to undergo a National Police Check
If you are interested in this opportunity and looking to make a difference in people’s lives, please apply online now.