Love Trust Honesty Respect Concern
AOD Afterhours Clinician (2 X Positions available)
- Progressive Workplace Flexibility options that enables genuine work life balance
- Additional penalties applicable to your base payrate due to after hours work
- Flexible work options available for either 0.4 FTE (2 Weekdays) or 0.6 FTE (2 weekdays plus a Saturday)
- Maximise your take home pay with up to $15,900 per annum salary packaging
- $68,611 to $73,567 pro rata (neg), plus super and 17.5% leave loading
Odyssey House Victoria (OHV) is a place of hope and positive change for individuals working towards breaking their pattern of addiction. At Odyssey House we believe that every person should have the opportunity to change and grow. Our diverse teams work with individuals, families, and communities to reduce alcohol and other drug (AOD) use, improve mental health, and reconnect people to their family and the community. OHV is a dynamic and fast-growing organisation committed to excellence in service provision and innovation in responding to alcohol and other drugs use problems.
Who are WE looking for?
We are looking for a skilled, driven, compassionate AOD professional who wants to excel in their chosen career by working with clients in a committed and empathetic manner. We are looking for someone to work within a fantastic supportive team, who genuinely cares about their community. Are you willing to work together to make a difference to someone’s life?
We are very interested in discussing with you, how you may be able to use your skills and experience within OHV to benefit our clients on their journey to recovery. We want to attract the best possible people whose values align strongly with those of OHV. If you want to make a real and profound difference to someone’s life, this could be the role for you.
What we can give YOU!
In return we are committed to offering you an inclusive and transparent workplace culture where our people can develop to be their very best by:
- Providing access to information, skills, and training
- Enabling work across wider organisational roles and programs
- Providing ongoing development and regular constructive feedback
- Providing work that is meaningful and challenging, with career development opportunities through project and secondment opportunities and succession planning
We also believe in giving people real flexibility in their work, and so our Workplace Flexibility policy* enables our staff to be great at work, and great at home too, with options of:
- Flexible Leave including 48/52 Purchased Leave, Study Leave and Sabbaticals
- Flexible Working Hours and Days including school-oriented part-year hours and monthly RDO’s for full-timers
- Flexible Workplaces including WFH and Telework
- Having Pets in the Workplace
(*Flexibility agreements will vary based on role requirements).
And OHV employees also have access to generous employee benefits including:
- Salary packaging up to $15,900 per annum
- Mobile phone and laptop
- A fully maintained motor vehicle where role-required
- Access to 24/7 Counselling through our Employee Assistance Provider (EAP)
- Monthly Clinical Supervision sessions for professional development and personal wellbeing
The positions are offered as part time, maximum term contracts to 30 June 2023. The roles is based at Barwon (Geelong West).
Flexible work options available for either 0.4 FTE (2 Weekdays) or 0.6 FTE (2 weekdays plus a Saturday)
The key purpose of the role is to conduct comprehensive assessments and provide a range of counselling and single session brief interventions to assist clients and their family members to change harmful behaviours resulting from problematic alcohol and other drug use, outside of standard business hours.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be approachable and communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Be able to self-regulate and self-monitor own behaviours, practice self-reflection at all times, display a commitment to realistically assess own personal strengths, limitations, biases, and effectiveness, and remain open to feedback and constructive criticism
- Be a team player who is supportive of one’s colleagues
- Be driven by own moral values, which will be aligned to those of Odyssey House
- Demonstrate understanding of the importance and application of inclusive practice when working with people from diverse communities, such as cultures, genders, sexualities, bodies, abilities, spiritualities, ages and backgrounds
- Demonstrate understanding of the importance and application of intersectionality when working with people from all cultures, genders, sexualities, bodies, abilities, spiritualities, ages and backgrounds
The full position description can be viewed HERE.
If the position description link above is unavailable (dependent on advertising platform functionality), alternatively, please paste the following into your browser to view it: https://odyssey.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/POSCS3171-AOD-Afterhours-Clinician.pdf
Please do not apply via recruitment websites or via email. Please remember to address your application to David Martin, Catchment Manager Barwon, and include your CV and a cover letter addressing the key selection criteria. Applications close at 5pm, Friday 19 August 2022. If you have any questions relating to the position, please contact David Martin at [email protected].
Our commitment to diversity
At OHV we value diversity and believe that a range of backgrounds brings a variety of ideas, perspectives and experiences that will enhance our effectiveness. We promote a workplace that actively seeks to include, welcome and value unique contributions by encouraging people with disability, Aboriginal Australians, LGBTQIA, young people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for this position.
OHV is committed to child safety and is a child safe organisation. All OHV employees must undergo Police Records and Working with Children Checks. Any person issued with a negative notice on their Working with Children Check will not be eligible for employment with us.
Mandatory COVID vaccinations
In line with recent Victorian Government mandatory vaccination requirements for the health industry, and OHV’s Mandatory Vaccination Policy, all Odyssey House Victoria staff are required to hold full vaccination status, and effective as of 1 March 2022 also have received the Booster Vaccination. Evidence of such vaccination status will be requested during the onboarding process and offers will be rescinded where such evidence cannot be provided.
All Odyssey House Victoria sites are smoke free for all employees.