Exciting opportunity for a Behaviour Support Practitioner to join a successful NDIS provider with over 50 years expertise. You will be part of a vibrant and passionate multidisciplinary team based in Bankstown, NSW.
You will become an essential part of an international organisation that strives to eliminate barriers for those with physical, sensory, psychological and learning disabilities.
About the role:
The Behaviour Support Practitioner opportunity has arisen due to the continued growth of the Bankstown team. The role will consist of you working with a diverse caseload of customers and provide high quality and passion driven service to individuals who require additional behavioural support.
The role will require a driven and attentive Behaviour Specialist with the desire to support individuals with complex needs.
- To work alongside candidates in NDIS Scheme and provide support to internal and external customers.
- Be able to identify report on behavioural issues and write functional assessments and Behaviour Support Plans.
- Assess and implement effective NDIS Plans ensuring they are tailored to individuals’ goals.
- Provide a positive, engaging and person-centered approach and work collaboratively with customers, families and external stakeholders to create opportunities for capabilities and capacity development.
- Continually strive to assist the needs of individuals and improve the quality of life, overall reducing the needs for restrictive interventions.
- Have the ability to effectively assist customers with complex and challenging needs.
- Collaborate effectively with multidisciplinary team and ensure that the highest standard of service is being offered to customers.
- Clinic and community work available – You can decide what your preference is.
- Working with Children’s Check
- National Police Check
- Disability Worker Exclusion Screener (DWES)
- NDIS Worker Screener Check and previous experience in this field.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time management and organisation skills.
- Current NSW driver’s license and own vehicle – desirable.
- To hold a first aid certificate or be willing to obtain.
- Completed NDIS COVID Infection Control
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive renumeration packaging.
- Friendly, diverse team environment that focuses on offering a supportive environment for individuals to progress and develop.
- Flexible working hours – Hybrid model WFH available!
- Highly reputable company with great a positive team environment!
- Internal professional development opportunities!
- Progression opportunities on an international level, UK, UAE and Australia.
- Assistance with Skilled Sponsorship 482 available!
- Relocation assistance available for interstate and international candidates!
This is an exciting role which provides a rare opportunity to build a name for yourself within a supportive and nationally recognised establishment.