We are looking for a Behaviour Support Practitioner to join our team in Narellan, NSW. Full time or part time may be available.
About the role
You will conduct functional behaviour assessments to develop and implement behaviour support plans. This will involve interviewing clients and their support networks, conducting observations, analysing data, administering clinical assessments (within professional scope), developing & implementing strategies to engage people in meaningful activities, address quality of life issues, as well as implement risk assessment measures to keep people safe and free from harm. This role involves working with our clients in the community, delivering behaviour support in home, at school, in supported accommodation and other community places. This is a mixed caseload role, working with both adults and children.
- Qualifications in and/or prior experience in behaviour assessments, development of positive behaviour support plans, implementation of PBS plans
- Excellent report writing skills and time management skills
- Computer skills – proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Have a valid Drivers Licence
- Access to a vehicle to use for work (KMs reimbursed)
- Has or willing to get a NDIS Worker Check
- Working With Children’s Check
- Covid-19 Vaccination certificate
- Excellent verbal communication skills- able to build rapport, conduct interviews, administer questionnaires, negotiate, lead training for small groups.
- Knowledge and understanding of Positive Behaviour Support approaches, including functional behaviour assessment, development of positive behaviour support plans, and implementation.
- An understanding of relevant policy and legislation relating to Behaviour Support and Restrictive Practices at a National and State/Territory level.
- Experience working with individuals, families and children with a disability.
- Experience providing training & coaching to teams and supporters.
- Ability to work effectively with a range of stakeholders including individuals, families, support team, Local Area Coordinators, NDIA, the Office of the Public Guardian, government agencies and specialist support services.
- Qualifications in Disability, Psychology, Occupational Therapy, Speech Pathology, Social Work or counselling
Why work for us?
Life InMotion is part of InMotion Group, which provides positive behaviour support services to children and adults on the NDIS with a disability. We are certified NDIS provider with a strong reputation for quality and results.
- Client Focused- our clients needs are of the highest priority
- Quality- we set high standards, are accountable and continuously improving.
- Passionate- we love what we do and we help people make a difference!
- Integrity- we do what we say, we are transparent and take ownership of what we do.
- Performance- we are results focused through achieving client and company outcomes.
- Team- we care for our people and invest in their growth and development.
We will offer you:
- Competitive salary and access to ongoing training and professional development.
- Specialist Supervision included in the role, completed at work to develop your expertise in Behaviour Support
- Comprehensive induction program
- Ongoing Supervision and Line Management with an experienced Behaviour Support Practitioner
- Ability to develop your skills under the NDIS Behaviour Support competency framework
- A fun and inclusive team environment.
- Access to company rewards program
- Travel reimbursement for work related KMs
Please include a cover letter and resume when applying.