- Permanent part time with opportunity for career growth and progression
- Join a close-knit team and make a real difference to the lives of those living with disabilities
- Enjoy Salary Packaging Benefits and pay less tax
Who We Are:
Community Solutions Group makes a difference in people’s lives supporting them to achieve their goals and working with them on their pathway to possibilities. We deliver services focused on the employment, education, wellbeing and independence of individuals, families and communities across Queensland, Victoria and South Australia.
Community Solutions Group is part of Endeavour Foundation; one of the largest not-for-profit organisations in the country. Collectively, we are a leading for-purpose provider of a diverse and synergistic range of health and human services.
What can we offer you?
- An attractive remuneration package, including Salary Packaging – save up to $15,900 per year tax free!
- In addition to your tax-free benefit, you can also use up to $2,650 of your pre-tax income to pay for entertainment expenses (meals, holiday accommodation etc.)
- Corporate Health Insurance plans and discounts with our corporate partners
- An Employee Assistance Program – a free and confidential phone-based counselling service available to all staff and immediate family members
- Encouraged and supported ongoing professional development and diverse career opportunities
- Portable long service leave
About the Role
Reporting to our Team Leader (Behaviour Support), this permanent part-time (3 days a week) role will involve providing professional information and advice to people with disability, their families, staff and managers regarding evidence-based approaches to reducing the impact of challenging behaviour across the Greater South/South West Brisbane region.
This position will also provide coaching, modelling and support to stakeholders (including but not limited to) families, support workers and managers to ensure these groups are competent in the implementation of support strategies and aware of their responsibilities on how to effectively implement the individual’s plan. Additional responsibilities will include:
- Undertaking relevant assessments to identify causal factors of challenging behaviour
- Adhering to internal and external requirements to ensure all relevant legislative and associated guidelines are met
- Implementing and analysing data in order to monitor the plan’s effectiveness, reviewing challenging behaviour and make any changes where required
Our successful candidate will ideally have an understanding of contemporary practices, trends and philosophies in relation to service provision for people with intellectual and/or cognitive disabilities who display challenging behaviours and have complex support needs. You will also have:
- Experience in developing and delivering training and support to staff in positive behaviour support
- Relevant Tertiary qualifications in Psychology, Social Work, Counselling or similar areas of Social and Behavioural Sciences
- Demonstrated time-management skills to effectively manage workload, maintain case notes and meet deadlines
- A high level of interpersonal skills including the ability to maintain relationships with customers, service providers, and various stakeholders
- Sound problem solving skills and the ability to work in a flexible environment that at times involves innovative and agile approaches
- Right to Work in Australia i.e. Australian/NZ Citizen, Permanent Resident or Visa with permission to work
- A current Working with Children Check and NDIS Worker’s Screening Check, or the willingness to gain these clearances if successful
- A current and valid Driver’s Licence
- Willingness to undertake police check
- To ensure the health and wellbeing of our staff and customers, Community Solutions Group requires all authorised workers as defined under the QLD Public Health Order to provide evidence of full vaccination against COVID-19
How to Apply
To demonstrate your interest in this role, please submit a cover letter and up to date resume outlining your relevant experience as per the advertisement above. We look forward to hearing from you!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage applications from people with culturally diverse backgrounds, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with disabilities.
“We are a Circle Back Initiative Employer and we commit to respond to every applicant”