Located in Morwell, permanent full time position available
- Join a not-for-profit health care provider who is getting back to what matters
- Support the social and emotional health needs of clients and the community
- TRP $100,772 per annum including superannuation and the estimated benefit of full optional salary packaging
At Latrobe Community Health Service you’ll be part of a positive and passionate workplace. We’re dedicated to providing you with career opportunities through work that is rewarding and meaningful within the community.
Latrobe Community Health Service is one of Australia’s fastest growing health services. We’re here to support healthier individuals, families and communities. We are committed to preventing health problems through information and awareness. We are also committed to providing coordinated services that treat our clients as a whole person, and not as a series of isolated medical problems.
We have a reputation for quality care across a wide range of health services. Our services include community-based health promotion programs, daily living and rehabilitation assistance, health checks and healthcare plans, medical care and nursing. Some of our services are free and for others we charge a fee based on the client’s ability to pay.
Reporting to the Manager Behavioural Health Programs, the Care and Recovery worker is part of the AOD treatment suite and works toward coordination to implement and support integrated treatment and care pathways for high risk, complex clients within alcohol and drug treatment services. The program implements and facilitates a coordinated, strengths based, person centered approach which is individually tailored to the person’s needs. The program supports meaningful involvement by the person and their family in care coordination and goal setting to maximize opportunities for greater social and economic participation. A ‘wrap around’ service model is a key component of the care and recovery program.
To be successful, you will require;
- Undergraduate degree (or near completion) in Counselling, Social Work, Psychology, Social Welfare & Counselling, Social Welfare or other Health related degree.
- An understanding and commitment to the principles of the Victorian AOD reform Strategies.
- Current working with Children’s check.
- Current Victorian Drivers Licence
- Latrobe Community Health Service complies with infectious disease control and immunisation requirements under legislation. This position is classified as a Health Care Worker B. Evidence of immunisation history must be provided prior to confirmed appointment
- Four Core Modules (minimum) of the Diploma of Alcohol and Other Drugs
For more information please contact Chauni Pirrie, Assistant Manager Behavioural Health Programs, on (03) 5136 5280.
At Latrobe Community Health Service we want to help you get back to what matters. To see the full position description and to apply, click the Apply Now button!
We are an equal opportunity employer and therefore, we will consider all qualified applicants for employment. We are partnered with Job Access and pledged to Soldier On. We are a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and identities, LGBTIQ+ people, people with a lived experience of disability and service personnel and their families to name a few. We will make reasonable adjustments when required. We are a child safe organisation. Successful applicants will be required to obtain a satisfactory security clearance and an Employee Working with Children Check before we can make any offer of employment.