About Inspiro and the Lilydale Youth Hub
We are a local, not-for-profit community health service, who has been caring for people in the Yarra Ranges for over 26 years. ‘Inspiring healthier lives’ is our vision and drives the way we provide friendly, client centred allied health, counselling, dental and health promotion services to our local community.
Our project, the Lilydale Youth Hub (LYH), is the outcome of long-standing partnerships with likeminded organisations in the Yarra Ranges. Our aim is to help our young people, aged 12 – 25, in the Yarra Ranges achieve their goals through guidance, mentorship and case management. Our integrative approach means the young person will receive support and care with wrap around services.
To learn more about Inspiro see our website https://www.inspiro.org.au
About the role
Do you love supporting and working with young people?
We have a great opportunity for someone to join the team as a Case Manager for the Lilydale Youth Hub. We have a vibrant, diverse and enthusiastic team. You will be a key role in the Youth Hub team and will work collaboratively within our team and with our external partners and stakeholders.
This is a full time fixed term role until the end of 2022, with the possibility of extension. While the Hub is based in Lilydale, this role will be required to work across a number of sites and perform outreach work as well as being at the Hub.
You will possess a passion for helping young people. You will be a vital part of the team supporting the young people of the Yarra Ranges.
- Deliver high quality, inclusive and flexible outreach-based case management services including client engagement, intake and assessment, case plan, intervention, review and case closure.
- Management of a significant case load delivering care co-ordination within the LYH model.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of service models including the LYH case management model, ‘wrap-around’ services including health promotion, client advocacy and coordination, ‘holding’ intervention while clients are awaiting other services, group interventions, and ‘drop-in’ service models.
- Work closely with local young people, their families and health/community services to oversee the culturally appropriate engagement, assessment and care coordination of care for young people accessing the service.
- Develop strong collaborative relationships with the Consortium and key stakeholders to ensure the delivery of high-quality outcomes for Young People and their care givers/ families.
Why work at Inspiro?
- Wellbeing is our priority – We are committed to a culture which values and supports staff wellbeing. Wellbeing initiatives are continuously evolving and being promoted at our organisation
- Attractive remuneration – Generous salary and benefits, including NFP salary packaging, meal and entertainment, and novated lease
- Great team culture – We have a flexible, family-friendly and outcome-focused culture
- Professional development – We understand the importance of developing our workforce and as such provide opportunities for our staff to grow
- Onsite car parking and close to the new Lilydale train station
Why the Yarra Ranges
The Yarra Ranges – all the benefits of a tree change with the convenience of being close to the city. With its open spaces, opportunities for adventure, vibrant entertainment options and the choice of exceptional schools, the Yarra Ranges should be considered by those serious about combining a meaningful career with an enjoyable lifestyle.
Here’s where you’ll find a supportive community, a multitude of sporting choices and some of the very best restaurants and wineries in the state if that is more your thing. Definitely worth leaving the city commute and cramped housing behind, it might be time to think about how a career move to the beautiful Yarra Ranges might work for you.
We are looking for a friendly, experienced case manager, who has excellent communication skills and thrives in a busy, team environment and has experience working with young people.
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline (such as psychology, social work, occupational therapy, nursing) or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience in the direct delivery of case management services, specifically targeting young people with high vulnerability and mental health issues
- Strong clinical and practice expertise particularly with crisis management, psychoeducation, and short-term focused interventions to young people and their families/carers.
- Well-developed knowledge and understanding of current youth health/mental health policy issues in Australia including early intervention, service system reform and the establishment of integrated and coordinated service delivery
- Understanding of outreach support and interventions
- Experience working with people at risk, including knowledge of trauma informed approaches and an understanding of resources available
- Demonstrated experience operating within clinical governance frameworks and practice
- Ability to be self-motivated and directed, demonstrating a sound ability to proactively oversee and make decisions in relation to the intake/assessment services and young people’s suitability for ongoing treatment/support services at the centre
- Highly developed skills in decision-making, problem-solving and risk management
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills (written and verbal), problem solving and negotiations skills
- Strong values alignment and commitment to work in a positive collaborative and solution focused manner
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been looking for please apply, including a brief cover letter explaining your interest in the role and an updated resume.
Inspiro values diversity and encourages a diverse and inclusive culture where individual differences and intersecting identities are respected and celebrated. We encourage applications from people of all ages, from culturally linguistically diverse backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, all members of the LGBTQIA+ community and people living with disability.
Please note shortlisting and interviewing will commence as applications are received.
If you have any enquiries, please contact the HR team at [email protected] or visit our website https://www.inspiro.org.au/employment-opportunities/careers for a detailed Position Description.
To be the successful candidate you must meet the position requirements as well as undertake a current Police Record Check and hold an Employee Working with Children Check. Applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID 19, including booster/3rd dose. Inspiro may request additional background checks subject to current legislation.
Check out our Lilydale Youth Hub video or visit our Lilydale Youth Hub website https://www.lilydaleyouthhub.org.au/