- Full time | Max Term 12 month contract
- Location: Murray Bridge
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Life at Mission Australia
When you join the team at Mission Australia, you become part of a community who are determined to end homelessness and ensure people in need can thrive. United by our Christian purpose and values, we stand together with anyone who needs us, for as long as they need us. Find out more about us and our purpose.
The Youth and Family AOD program is an early intervention program offering support to young people aged 10-24 years and their families. This innovative model combines support for people with AOD concerns, with support to enhance family functioning, and respite for the participant and their parent as required
We currently have 1 position available at Murray Bridge and 1 at Victor Harbour to support clients and other employees in the provision of support activities within the values of Mission Australia.
- provide intensive ongoing person-centered case management
- provide, evidence-informed case management sessions with clients that are sensitive and responsive to, the cultural strengths and needs of each client
- Assist clients while at the service through brief therapeutic intervention and referral to suitable services
- Work with clients to create holistic and strength-based individualised support plans
- Respond to referrals of clients to the service from internal and external support services
- Conduct group case management sessions for clients where necessary and appropriate
- Build and maintain positive internal and external relationships, with the ability to adapt communication style to resolve conflict
Requirements for Success
- Relevant degree with at least 1 years’ experience (e.g. relevant four-year degree with at least 1 years’ experience or relevant three-year degree with two years of relevant experience).
- Alternatively, employee may hold an associate diploma with relevant experience, a less formal qualification with substantial years of relevant experience or equivalent expertise gained through previous industry experience.
- Demonstrated professional approach to the role including maintaining professional boundaries.
- Demonstrated ability to provide specialised or complex therapeutic interventions and manage a caseload of complex client.
- Has a sound understanding of Mission Australia’s Values and Code of Conduct and applies these in their role when interacting with other internal and external stakeholders.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills, including highly developed administrative skills and the ability to provide support to management of a complex nature.
- Demonstrated professional approach to the role including maintaining professional boundaries
- Evidence of COVD19 vaccination
- Rewarding work – every day you know you’re making a real difference
- Not-for-profit salary packaging, reducing your tax (details via AccessPay)
- Generous discounts with health insurance and major retailers
- Free external, confidential counselling and access to chaplaincy support.
How to apply
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘Apply for this job’ and send your cover letter and resume today. As a committed Circle Back Initiative employer, we will respond to your application. For more information, feel free to view the PD Case Manager – YAFAODS.pdf and click “Apply now”. We will respond to your application.
For further information regarding working with us, visit Working for Mission Australia.
Please send through your application as soon as possible as shortlisting will commence immediately. Thank you