- Part-time employment (45.6 fortnightly hours). Fixed term contract until 30 June 2025.
- $78,747 per annum pro rata + Super + Leave Loading + Salary Packaging.
- Located in Adelaide.
Our belief in the transformative power of relationships lies at the heart of everything we do.
Relationships Australia South Australia (RASA) is a not-for-profit, secular, community organisation, helping people to overcome difficulties and bring about positive change in their lives. We offer services for families, couples and individuals of all ages, backgrounds and abilities.
Post Adoption Support Services (PASS) can provide counselling, information and support, assistance with family search and reunion, and links to other supports and networks. Search support is also available for intercountry adoptees and families. PASS offer a range of support groups, and information and educational sessions on adoption-related topics.
The Case Worker/Counsellor of Post Adoption Support Services will provide direct services which support individuals and families who are part of the South Australian adoption communities including people who have been adopted, young adoptees, birth parents, adoptive parents, and to wider family members who have been involved local or intercountry adoptions.
- Tertiary qualification (AQF level 7) in social work, psychology, counselling, or related discipline.
- Demonstrated experience in providing counselling to those effected by childhood trauma, abuse, and neglect.
- Experience in working with clients with complex needs and diverse family structures.
- Demonstrated experience of working with children, young people, and adults.
- Experience in providing therapeutic individual and group counseling.
- Experience in working with disenfranchised grief and loss.
- A Working with Children Check is essential and employment is not able to commence without a current clearance.
- Experience in working in the post adoption area, and in search and contact work.
- Experience in providing parenting support to those who have care of a child with a history of trauma.
- Experience in working with cultural diversity.
The services provided at RASA sites mean that our employees need to be vaccinated and you will need to provide your COVID-19 vaccination certificate as part of our pre-employment checks. If you can’t comply, you are encouraged to have a confidential conversation with the hiring manager about your individual circumstances.
Enquiries: Any enquiries can be addressed to Nikki Hartmann on 08 8216 5200.
Closing Date: 5:00pm, 29 July 2022.
Relationships Australia South Australia is a Child Safe and Equal Opportunity Employer.