We are currently seeking to appoint to multiple Case Worker positions to work as a part of our UnitingCare Qld Escaping Violence Program, based in Cairns or Townsville. The positions will be full time, on a maximum-term contract ending 30 June 2023.
UnitingCare Queensland, alongside other Uniting agencies across Australia, has been selected by the Federal Government, to assist with a new program which will provide financial support for people who are escaping domestic violence.
The purpose of this position is to act as the first point of contact for all referrals and enquiries to the Escaping Violence Program. You will provide intake and assessment for individuals accessing the Escaping Violence Program including conducting risk assessments and safety planning.
What you’ll need
We are seeking an individual who is motivated and adaptable to change with the capability to work within an agile environment.
You will have demonstrated skills and knowledge through experience working within the Domestic and Family Violence Sector. In addition to the above you will also be required to have:
- Minimum Tertiary Qualifications in a relevant human services field is preferred
- Minimum of 2 years experience working in the Domestic and Family Violence Sector
- Significant experience in the provision of risk assessment and safety planning for families impacted by domestic violence
- Suitability card for Child Related Employment (Blue Card). Presentation of a current card must be made before your appointment
Supporting you to support others
Family and Disability Services is a respected industry leader and one of Queensland’s largest community service providers, with a wide range of services that provide support to vulnerable individuals, families and communities in metropolitan, regional and remote locations across the State. We’re proudly not-for-profit and offer you:
- Access to salary packaging & meal and entertainment benefits
- Flexible work arrangements to support work-life balance
- Employee assistance, health & wellness programs
- Values-based culture & rewards and recognition
- Ongoing learning & development
Ready to work together?
Our application process takes less than 15 minutes – Click the ‘APPLY’ button below to be taken to our online application process and upload your resume and cover letter.
Our team are available to answer any questions you may have. We’ll do our best to get back to you 2 weeks from the closing date.
We are proud of our team’s diversity and highly encourage applications from people with a disability and those who identify as a part of the Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Community.
We work hard to make our services welcoming and safe for every person. We are united in keeping children, young people and the elderly safe from harm, within our services, workplaces and the communities we support. We are committed to speaking up loudly for their safety.