- Provide integrated case work, education and community services to support families, children and young people
- Arrange referrals to agencies and services for clients to access appropriate specialist services and support groups.
- Assist families to enhance their skills and capacity to care for their children through providing information on parenting and health programs
- Assist families to identify and strengthen kinship networks, cultural connections, and family relationships
- Provide individual and group support facilitation that is culturally sensitive to the needs and learning styles of families and children
- Work within the Goldfields region on outreach, doing home-visits, working in schools, Aboriginal community centres, and any other venue where the service can be more accessible to vulnerable families and children in their communities
- Qualifications in Community Services, Social Work, Psychology, Social Sciences, Counselling and/or related disciplines.
- At least 1 – 3 years post graduate experience
- Demonstrated experience conducting extensive screening, assessment and case planning for children, young people and families, especially Aboriginal families.
- Demonstrated experience providing strength-based, culturally secure services to children, young people and families.
- Experience living and working in a remote / regional community
- Ability to stay a maximum of 4 nights in the outreach community
- Zone allowance $8,250 per year
- Relocation salary packaging up to $50,000 (see attached flyer)
- Relocation assistance of $1,000 for relocation over 1,000kms
- Comprehensive training and development to encourage staff growth and development.
- Four weeks Annual Leave inclusive of a 17.5% leave loading
- One week of additional paid leave
- Twelve weeks paid Maternity Leave
- Access to corporate health cover provided for by Bupa and Medibank
- Study Leave of five hours per week after two years of service
- Insurance cover to and from work
- Clinical and Management Supervision
- Employee Assistance Program
Shortlisting will commence straightaway, Centrecare reserves the right to close the position early if needed.
Should you have any queries please contact Human Resources on (08) 9288 2244 for a confidential discussion.
Centrecare believes that all children are valuable and worthy of respect. It strongly supports the rights of the child and is committed to ensuring the safety, wellbeing and protection of all children who are in contact with or receive its services.