Goodstart is Australia’s largest early learning provider. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we exist purely to improve the lives of Australia’s children and their families. Our people are our foundation, together we are working to ensure children have the learning, development and wellbeing outcomes they need for school and life.
Role: Child and Family Practitioner
Location: Goodstart Ashmont and Junee
Employment Type: Part-Time, 2 days per week, 12-month fixed term contract
At Goodstart, we’re all about laying the foundation for better lives through amazing early learning experiences, and we know that we can’t do that without great people!
From our centre directors to centre teams, we work together to make a real difference for children in those crucial early years. As a not-for-profit with a vision for Australia’s children to have the best possible start in life. Safety, health and wellbeing are more than just words to us, they are a personal commitment and a promise we make to our children, our families and each other every day. As a Child and Family Practitioner, you will work in partnership with Centre Directors and Educators to deliver a targeted Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) service, for children 0-5 years.
As a Child and Family Practitioner, you will work in partnership with Centre Directors and Educators to deliver a targeted Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) service, for children 0-5 years . The Child and Family Service focuses on closing the gap for our most vulnerable children and families, by enhancing the infant mental health outcomes for children who have been experienced childhood trauma. You will focus on trauma informed intervention strategies to engage and sustain participation of the children and their families within the early education setting.
- Support and empower early years educators to build the capability to observe, identify and explain any concerns related to the learning, development and well-being of children within the centre.
- Promote an integrated, evidence-informed approach to deliver improved outcomes for children and families
- Undertake observations between children and educators and provide feedback to support the ongoing development of the child-educator relationship
- Provide formal and informal consultation and coaching around evidence-informed social and emotional learning practices that enhance the care and education
- Create strong external linkages to community supports and services that will best meet the needs of children and families.
- Support our educators to communicate and engage with parents around the needs of their child
- Make referrals to allied health services as required
You’ll help achieve this by
- Tertiary qualifications in social work, psychology, infant mental health or equivalent
- Strong understanding and ability to apply attachment theory, Circle Of Security (COS) and trauma informed practice
- Strong understanding of child development (birth – 5 years)
- Good understanding of relevant early childhood frameworks and standards
- Demonstrated high level of interpersonal, communication, negotiation and coaching skills to achieve improved outcomes for children and families
- Ability to document, analyse and report on relevant key performance indicators
What Goodstart can offer you
- Work for a company that has an aspiration to be globally recognised for early years practice and learning outcomes
- Gain significant investment in your growth and development with support, tools, training and experiences that will truly enhance the progress and outcomes for children in their earliest years.
- Be a part of a team and work environment where everyone feels a sense of belonging, inclusion and purpose
- Access to discounted childcare
- Flexible work arrangements giving you choice about when and how work will be done in order to better manage your work and non-work needs
- Discounted health care and access to employee wellbeing program with BUPA
- Exclusive discounts on travel, gym memberships, Apple and Dell products, and more….
How to apply:
- Click ‘Apply Now’ and submit your application (please do not e-mail your application to this e-mail address, please apply directly through our website to be considered for this position).
- If you would like a copy of the position description, please contact Holly Pettigrew – [email protected] [link removed]
Supporting our people and protecting our children
We are an equal opportunity employer that is proud of our inclusive and diverse work environment. We support and encourage individual growth and strong teams that are made up of many different cultures and backgrounds.
We are deeply committed to Reconciliation and creating an environment where Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People feel connected and a strong sense of belonging. By weaving Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives through all that we do, we aim to build knowledge and a deeper understanding of our First Nations People and culture for all in our team