Child & Family Wellbeing Practitioner
We are crafting a team of change-makers and we want you! If you have just the right amount of crazy, lace up your boots and start wearing your undies on the outside
(ok, maybe just lace up your boots) and join our revolutionary new approach to healthy communities.
People who are crazy enough to want to change the world are the ones to do so.
Join our revolutionary new approach to building healthy communities.
Primary Role: Child & Family Wellbeing Practitioner
Work Location: Nambour, Queensland
Employment Type: Permanent part time, 4 days (30, 32 or 34hrs)
Salary Range: $32 – $41 per hour
Qualification & Experience: Certificate, Diploma or Degree in Community/Social Services and/or 2 years as a Foster Care worker or in the Child Protection System
Reports to: Team Leader
- Provide tailored packages of support services to children, young people, parents and carers
- Engaging families, obtaining consent and developing a case plan in conjunction with the family
- Compilation of initial assessments when required, ensure that plans are in place for the family and that these are progressed and regularly reviewed in line with service procedures
- Ensure the families voice is heard and that their views and feelings inform such plans
- Contribute to assessments and the formulation of plans for families
- Prepare and present reports
- Facilitate social learning, community connectedness, good health and wellbeing programs
- Contribute to a range of interventions designed to prevent family breakdown and to divert children and young people from care
- Undertake direct work with parents/carers with regard to daily tasks (cooking, cleaning, budget management) and parenting skills (basic care routines, attachment, play, stimulation, managing challenging behaviour) designed to improve the quality of life for children and young people and improving parenting. This will be undertaken on a one-to-one basis and/or through group work
COME ON YOU MOB HAVE A GO!
Closing date: Friday 5th August 2022
Due to the high volume of applications, only successful applicants will be contacted.