We are currently recruiting for opportunities in Southern NSW.
DCJ is all about keeping families together so that children thrive at home. We’re excited to welcome motivated caseworkers into our team who share this vision.
As a DCJ child protection caseworker, you will build relationships and appreciate the importance of children to our future. We will support and help you to develop your career.
Come Join Us. Become a Child Protection Caseworker!
About the role
Caseworkers respond to reports about children or young people who may have been harmed or where there are safety concerns. The first priority is always the safety, welfare and wellbeing of the children or young person.
In the role you will:
- work sensitively and respectfully with parents, family members, children or young people
- work collaboratively with other agencies
- develop safety plans and complete risk assessments
- manage cases and situations including working with high needs and high risk clients and their families
- be involved in court processes, including the preparation of court documents and attending court
- engage in complex problem solving
- participate in individual and group supervision
What we offer:
As the largest child protection organisation in Australia we offer competitive benefits and opportunities including:
- Salary from $74,117 to $102,403 + super
- Industry leading training including our caseworker development program
- Ongoing career development and support
- Generous leave entitlements including flex leave
- Health and wellbeing benefits including Fitness Passport
Click here to view the role description.
You will bring a commitment to working collaboratively with children, families and communities including Aboriginal and diverse cultures and have:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Social Science, Welfare or a related degree
- Experience working with vulnerable children, young people and their families
- A valid driver’s licence and willingness to drive
- A working with children clearance number
Contact: For any recruitment enquiries please email: [email protected]
A talent pool may be created for future ongoing and temporary roles and is valid for a period of up to 18 months.
It is an essential requirement of the role that successful applicants are fully vaccinated and able to provide acceptable proof of vaccination status.
We value a diverse and inclusive workplace
We actively promote the employment of women, people with a disability, Aboriginal people, LGBTQI+ and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
If you need an adjustment in the recruitment process, please call or email the contact person listed above, and also advise us of your preferred method of communication.
If you are looking for more information about workplace adjustments at DCJ, please visit our Careers site.