Be yourself, because together we make a difference.
At Hunter Primary Care we recognise you, we respect who you are and what your individuality, skills, experience and talents can bring to the team. It’s your journey, Grow with us!
ABOUT THE ROLE
Providing evidence based, structured short term interventions to people from underserviced populations with a diagnosable mental illness as part of a multidisciplinary team, the Clinical Counselling will be required to:
- Provide care to patients centred on the needs of the patient and their natural supports;
- Deliver services in groups and at outreach services;
- Participate in new service/program development;
- Be willing to provide longer term services in conjunction with Clinical Care Coordinators;
- Maintain accurate and confidential documentation and adhere to professional and ethical codes of conduct
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor Degree (or higher qualification) in counselling
- Registered as a Clinical Counsellor with the Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia (PACFA) or Australian Counselling Association (ACA)
- Experience in a multi-disciplinary team
- Clinical experience with children, adolescents, adults, people with a dual diagnosis or suicide ideation, self-harm and/or older persons, with a minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Counsellor, or in a similar role
- Evidence of full vaccination against COVID-19
- Current NSW Working with Children Check clearance
- Current NDIS Worker Screening Check clearance
- Recent or new (employer facilitated) Criminal History Check. Please note that people with criminal records are not automatically barred from applying for this position. Each application will be considered on its merits.
Hunter Primary Care offers you:
- Generous salary packaging up to $15,899 per annum
- Paid parental leave
- Professional development leave, study leave and supervision
- Paid mental health leave
- Employee Assistance Program
We listen. Care. Connect.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications for this role will be reviewed as they are received; we reserve the right to close this vacancy once a suitable candidate is found.
For further information regarding this position, please contact Tim Regan on 4925 2259 or visit our website. To apply for this position, click on the Apply button and upload your resume and cover letter.
We encourage people with lived experience of diversity to apply, including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander People.