“We support individuals living with mental health challenges to achieve outcomes they value.”
About the Role
- Part Time (0.8 FTE) Permanent Position
- Classification: Nurses Award 2020 Level 3 with a salary range of $116,880 – $123,243 per annum pro rata OR Health Professional & Support Services Award 2020 Level 3 with a salary range of $106,247 – $121,030 per annum pro rata + Superannuation
- Salary Packaging providing tax benefits available for living and entertainment expenses increasing your take home income where part of your wage is paid tax free each pay, savings thousands in tax each year
- Generous above award pay and entitlements (see details below)
- Location: Geelong, VIC
About Neami National
Neami National is a community mental health service supporting people living with mental illness to improve their health, live independently and pursue a life based on their own strengths, values and goals.
We have been providing mental health support for over 30 years. We were founded on an alliance between professionals, individuals and their families. Collaborative recovery remains at the heart of who we are today.
About your new role
The Mental Health Clinical Leads are exciting roles responsible for leading clinicians to deliver high quality services to guests experiencing mental health crisis presenting to Head to Health Geelong.
As a Registered Mental Health Nurse or Mental Health credentialed Allied Health worker, the Clinical Lead will draw on their discipline skills to oversee Clinicians in their engagement with the guests (consumers), the guest’s treatment team, Neami and partner associate staff and family/friends/carers to provide high quality assessments and interventions aimed at improving mental health outcomes for guests accessing the Head to Health Geelong service. The Clinical Lead will have oversight of the IAR, clinical assessments, collaborative care plan formulation and execution in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team.
Neami holds a high standard of leadership and expects the Clinical Leads to lead and maintain a positive culture, quality coaching, supervision and to motivate high performance with their reporting managers and their teams. The role also involves oversight of evaluation & reporting; contract, regulatory & organisational compliance; resource management; service development; sector leadership and continuous quality improvement.
What will Neami offer in return?
- Generous leave entitlements including 13 weeks paid parental leave, 4 weeks paid partner leave, 2 days wellness leave, 2 days additional carers leave, and 3 days compassionate per occasion
- Professional development through regular Practice Development sessions and coaching with your supervisor
- Ongoing extensive in-house Learning and Development Programs to encourage learning and skill-building
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through Benestar – access a holistic health and wellness offering of supports and resources to Neami staff and their immediate family
- Work flexibility arrangements available for maintaining your work-life balance
What you will bring to the role?
- Proven experience at managing clinical teams within the area of mental health service delivery
- Demonstrated skill in the application of recovery-based approaches in a clinical setting
- Experience working as a member of a multi- disciplinary team with the ability to inspire and facilitate team commitment and cooperation
- Experience working across a range of Commonwealth and State funded mental health programs and ensuring program implementation in line with funding requirements and contracts
- Demonstrated ability to form and nurture partnerships with government and non-government mental health, emergency and community service providers
What the role requires:
- National Criminal History Check (Police check) – disclosable outcomes considered
- Current Working with Children Check required before commencement of work
- Current AHPRA or AASW registration
- Current Drivers licence
- Australian Working Rights
How to apply:
The terms and conditions of the role are listed in the position description. If you have any further questions not addressed in the advertising words or position description, please contact:
Jason Thompson, Clinical Service Manager Geelong Head to Health –
Applications Close: Sunday 24 September 2023
Be Yourself – Neami values and celebrates diversity including multidisciplinary teams and the unique backgrounds, experiences, and contributions that each person brings to our community. First Nations people, those identifying as LGBTQIA+, people with disabilities and culturally and linguistically diverse people are encouraged to apply. Our aim is to create a workforce that is accessible, inclusive and reflects the community in which we live.