Are you passionate about developing the next generation of mental health clinicians to support vulnerable young people in our community?
Do you thrive on getting the best outcomes for children, young people and families and making a real difference in the community?
If so, Sensational Healing Allied Health is seeking a Mental Health Social Worker to fulfil the role of Clinical Lead – Mental Health, at our practice in Ripley.
Sensational Healing Allied Health is an attachment focused and trauma informed multidisciplinary private practice.
Our highly skilled and motivated team consists of occupational therapists, social workers, counsellors, provisional psychologists, psychologists, mental health nurses and allied health assistants, and all clinicians are well supported by a wonderful Client Care team, who look after all the administrative elements of your role.
Our core client groups include children and young people who live with neurodiversity, predominantly including developmental delay, autism spectrum disorder or developmental trauma. Attachment theory and family centred practice are our two core theoretical frameworks that guide our practice.
Our clinic is spacious and well resourced, we provide excellent working conditions including flexible working hours, internal and external professional development and a mix of different clients to suit your clinical style and individual learning and developmental goals.
About the Role:
We are seeking an experienced social worker who has skills in a variety of therapeutic modalities as well as managing mental health risk and crises, who can provide high quality care to clients as well as support our emerging therapists to develop their clinical skills.
You will also have strengths in working systemically, and helping to improve functioning of the client system.
You will be an integral member of our leadership team, which consists of our clinical leads across Speech Pathology, Occupational Therapy And Mental Health, as well as our Clincial Director, Practice Manager and Company Director.
Our Clinical Leads have the opportunity to contribute to quality improvement, service innovation and implementation of our strategic plan and vision.
The role is primarily based at our Ripley Valley clinic but will also include offering occasional community based services to the Ipswich, Springfield, Lockyer Valley and Scenic Rim regions, as required, dependent on client need, particularly in relation to stakeholder based interventions
The role will also provide opportunity to run groups such as client skill development groups, parent education groups or training to the community services, education and health sectors.
You will have access to internal clinical coaching with our Clinical Director as well as external discipline specific supervision paid for as required
- Bachelor of Social Work or equivalent
- Current membership with AASW
- Endorsement through Better Access to Mental Health scheme.
- Experience working with children and young people.
- Current open drivers license
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Confidence and discipline in working independently, especially in community based settings
- Experience working with National Disability Insurance Scheme
- Experience running therapy groups
- Generous salary, $100k – $115 + super (remuneration will be subject to skills and years of experience)
- Child and family focussed allied health work with plenty of client-facing time and in-depth client interactions.
- Work closely with other allied health disciplines using a holistic multidisciplinary framework.
- Full support from our wonderful client care team to allow you to fully focus on your clinical work.
- 4 face to face appointment per day on clinical days
- Reduced KPI targets to allow for leadership and quality improvement time
- Option of a 9 day working fortnight, meaning a long weekend every second week.
- Work from home options available most days for non face to face hours, avoid peak hour traffic!
- Flexible and family-friendly work environment with great team culture.
- Attractive employee benefits, generous annual Professional Development allowance, and internal peer supervision
- Well resourced, brand new clinic space
- Vehicle allowance for community-based work
For a copy of the position description or for further information about the position, please contact Debra Shaw, Clinical Director, on (07) 3143 1179.
To apply, please provide a cover letter addressing the selection criteria and an updated resume with contactable work-related references to [email protected]
We look forward to hearing from you!