FLEXIBILITY, CREATIVITY, COMMUNITY and FUN
This role offers you supported entry into private practice, allowing you to learn the ropes, so you end up loving private practice as much as we do. It will allow you to spend your work time with a team of like-minded individuals, who are all banning together to make a difference. With us you will be cultivated to become your best self and encouraged to live your best life, as you support your clients to become and be the same.
New Directions Psychology is a well-established business, now in its 16th year and we’re delighted to have an amazing paediatric occupational therapist whom is part of our clinical team. A New Directions Psychologist displays utmost integrity in all interactions and behaviours and is filled with gratitude for being able to do the important work of supporting the mental health of our fellow Australians.
At New Directions Psychology we believe in providing accessible, timely, and quality treatment for people across the lifespan. But most of all, we strive to make the process of therapy rewarding and fun, for both clients and team members alike. We want our local community to live their best lives, as we constantly raise the bar of how we do therapy.
If you are a fully registered Clinical / Counselling / Ed & Dev Psychologist / General Psychologist, we currently have an opportunity for you to come on-board as a Contractor. We have a burnout prevention caseload model, which includes a focus on taking regular time-off, caseload monitoring to ensure caseload balance of mild to severe presentations. We have a high attendance rate and rescheduled appointments are almost always filled.
Contractor Position: Never contracted before? No problem – all you require is an ABN and Insurance (all tax deductible) – and we can assist with this process.
We provide individual therapy for all adults, adolescents, children and couples.
The team culture and environment at New Directions has been set up to operate in a way that is different to many private practices, whereby you will receive plenty of opportunities for connection and team support, rather than work in isolation, and quality of client sessions is prioritised. We provide an enriched and soothing counselling environment for both the client and clinician.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Presently we are seeking a psychologist who enjoys working with children and adolescents. If you are also wanting a mixed caseload of children and adults, we can accommodate this too as we receive a wide referral stream of clients.
- Child / Adolescent psychologist
As advised, happy to discuss a mixed caseload if preferred (eg. Children and adults):
- Provide mental health assessments and interventions to individuals in a private practice setting
- Prepare written reports of a high standard relating to client matters (case notes, GP letters, referrals, and reviews)
- Provide group therapy services, as required by the service
- Participate in marketing and referral streams through attending occasional meet-and-greets and networking events
- Provide telehealth sessions as required
A supportive and professional clinic setting in central Perth metropolitan area with onsite free parking available.
- Excellent administration support so you can focus on the clients
- Access to PowerDiary, an online CRM software, client communication and note taking tools, automatic SMS appointment reminders, and integrated invoicing/payment
- Regular support from the Clinic Director (psychologist)
- Monthly peer supervision meetings provided with bi-annual clinician PD Days (with peer reviews, guest speakers, etc). We use (but not limited to) various treatment approaches such as CBT, Interpersonal therapy, EMDR, Acceptance and Commitment therapy, DBT, Schema therapy, Play therapy and solution focussed therapy. Group programs are also conducted.
- Being a part of a growing small business with an excellent reputation as a general practice.
- Experienced Mental Health Practitioner, registered with appropriate board with Medicare provider number or eligibility to register: ie. Clinical psychologist/Counselling psychologist/Ed & Dev Psychologist/General Psychologist must have registration with AHPRA;
- 1+ years’ experience as a mental health clinician preferred but we are happy to consider new graduates too. You can’t get experience without experience, can you?
- Experience working with perinatal clients is a bonus
- Ability to work collaboratively and skilled in open communication
- Interest in ongoing professional development
- Excellent self-management and time-management skills
- Ability to prioritise record-keeping
- Proficiency in online customer management and diary software
- Board registered supervisor
- Team management or leadership experience
HOW TO APPLY
We would love to have you join us in what is one hell of a ride as we work towards fulfilling our vision of empowering Australians to live their best lives. Apply right now by sending us your Resume and Cover Letter, setting out why you would like to join us on this adventure (to Susan at [email protected]
Before applying, you may want to find out more about our practice by visiting www.ndpsych.com.au and exploring our space 😊