TOGETHER, WE CAN CREATE OUTSTANDING!
Clinician – Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service
- CAMHS Shepparton
- Permanent Full Time
- 80 hours per fortnight (including ADO every 4 weeks)
At GV Health we are so much more than a regional health service. As the largest employer in the region, we work with purpose and pride and are committed to respecting and embracing diversity, inclusion and accessibility for our people and community.
Our skilled and committed team of Mental Health professionals provide an innovative range of services for individuals suffering from, or at risk of, serious mental health problems requiring short and long-term treatment and support. Our comprehensive service is offered across the municipalities of Mitchell, Murrindindi, Strathbogie, Greater Shepparton and Moira regions.
Our multidisciplinary professionals are from an array of backgrounds and disciplines and work across a range of settings and services including:
- Adult mental health
- Community mental health
- Acute Adult Inpatient Unit – Wanyarra
- Aged Persons mental health
- Child and Youth mental health
For further information please visit: http://www.gvhealth.org.au/services/mental-health/
About the role
The CAMHS Clinician will work in partnership with consumers, carers, families and other service providers to provide high quality mental health assessment, treatment and consultation services within a recovery oriented framework. GV CAMHS is responsible for providing tertiary level mental health care to children and young people under the age of 18 years.
The service has an ACT (Access Community Consultation and Brief Treatment) stream, responsible for intake, initial assessment, brief intervention and consultation services. The CARE steam (Comprehensive Assessment and Recovery) provides evidence based mental health intervention and case management to a defined caseload of young people experiencing high risk or complex mental health conditions.
We are looking for:
- Current registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency as a Registered Nurse, Occupational Therapist, Psychologist
- Registered Psychiatric Nurses must have: a post-graduate qualification or equivalent in mental health
- Psychologists must have: current psychology registration with the Psychology Board of Australia
- Occupational Therapists must be: eligible for registration with the Occupational Therapy Board of Australia
- Social Workers must be: eligible for membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW)
- Experience and expertise in the provision of assessment, treatment planning and intervention for people with a mental health disorder
Our offer to you:
- Generous salary packaging, subsidised staff parking and discounted leisure memberships
- Flexible work practices and options to purchase additional leave to help create some important work/life balance
- Professional development and study leave to help reach your learning and career goals
- Social club membership offering a range of events, functions and local community discounts
- Our CREATE Outstanding reward and recognition program
Great things happen here in Shepparton. If you would like to learn more about what it is like to work, live and play in the Shepparton region please click here.
Applications close: 1 August 2022