Clinician: Safe Haven
About the role
The Buttery’s Community Safe Haven centres provide immediate, trauma-informed, and person-centred care to the community in Lismore, Mullumbimby, Murwillumbah and Woodburn by providing a calm, culturally sensitive, and clinical and non-clinical alternative to hospital emergency departments for people experiencing distress or suicidal thoughts.
The Buttery’s Community Save Havens provide a safe space for the community to walk in and connect with a team of people in a comfortable and approachable environment. The program will offer support and connection and someone to talk to at the time of need, and to ensure they receive follow-up support, the consumer will be offered information or a link with psychological, psychosocial and other community supports, depending on their presenting needs.
Safe Havens aim to:
- Provide immediate, personalised and compassionate care
- Connect people to support services to address the underlying factors in their distress
- Reduce pressure on hospital emergency departments
- Reduce self-harm, suicide attempts and deaths by suicide.
Reporting to the Clinical Lead, the Clinician role involves providing immediate trauma-informed and person-centred care to participants experiencing distress who present to the Community Safe Haven facilities by providing brief interventions and counselling to support participants as well as case management.
About you: Selection criteria:
- Tertiary qualification at university level in Counselling, Nursing, Social Work or Psychology and registered with Australian Counselling Association (ACA) or Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Capacity to work outside of normal business hours (this role may require some after-hours and weekend work).
- Current and valid Driver’s Licence with an ability to undertake regular travel around the Northern Rivers region.
- A satisfactory Criminal Record Check and Working with Children Check
- Current COVID-19 vaccination and First Aid certificate.
About us: We are a not-for-profit, charitable mental health organisation and drug and alcohol rehab. Through residential and community-based programs, we specialise in the treatment of alcohol and other drug misuse, problem gambling and mental health issues. With us, you will
- Work within a friendly and professional team. Our Clinical team is comprised of leaders in the field of recovery and mental health and includes both Masters level clinicians and lived experience counsellors.
- Be provided with ongoing support, supervision and development opportunities.
- Part time opportunity with flexibility in hours, number of shifts and locations.
- Have access to six weeks annual leave pro rata.
Find out more: For a position description, see https://buttery.org.au/careers/
For any other queries, please contact [email protected]
This role is remunerated at SCHADS level 5 depending on qualifications and experience, with access to salary packaging to increase your take home pay.
How to apply Please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected] and indicate your preference for location (it can be more than one) and how many hours you are available to work.
Applications close Friday 22 July 2022 however, applications may be viewed and actioned upon receipt.
The Buttery recognises the benefits that diversity and inclusion bring, and encourages people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply to our vacancies. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and CALD and LGBTIQA community members are encouraged to apply.