IPA have a long-standing history of providing staff to Federal Government Agencies and are currently partnering with our client to recruit Clinicians in Brisbane.
In this role, you will provide intake assessment and triage services, clinical mental health support and crisis case management within a national contact centre.
Some of your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Triaging and coordinating intakes and referral of clients for services, for individuals, couples, families, complex and potentially high-risk cases
- Providing high quality clinical mental health services, including evidence-based phone counselling and crisis case management
- Provision of specialised counselling intervention tools and models, dependent on client needs
- Risk assessment and safety planning during phone calls
- Ensuring any follow up actions are identified and completed
- Maintaining accurate recordkeeping and compliance
Ideally the successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Minimum 2 years’ clinical experience in complex mental health clinical service delivery (excluding placements)
- Extensive experience in triaging and coordination of telephone based clinical intake services, including complex and potentially high-risk clients
- Experience in providing high level clinical guidance and advice
Mandatory requirements for this position:
- Qualifications as a Registered Psychologist, Mental Health Occupational Therapist or Mental Health Registered Nurse with full AHPRA Registration, OR
- Qualifications as a Social Worker, with AASW Registration (or eligibility)
- Working with Children (WWC) and/or Vulnerable People Check/Clearance
- National police check
- Australian Citizenship
Candidates must have availability to rotate across a 24/7 roster and be available for a least 3 shifts (8 hours) per week. This is on contract with an initial 12-month term.
If this sounds like the role for you, please APPLY now.