Commencement Date: 5 September 2022
Employment Type: Full time (fixed term until 1 September 2023)
Salary Range: $109,965 to $117,004 FTE Gross per annum
Closing Date for Applications: 5 August 2022
St Stephen’s Catholic College
St Stephen’s Catholic College is a Catholic co-educational secondary college offering a quality, educational experience for students from Years 7 to 12 on the Tablelands. Established in 2006 under the auspices of the Catholic Diocese of Cairns, St Stephen’s focuses on providing excellent opportunities for young people to achieve their personal best.
About the Role
The College Counsellor role has a focus on fostering the development, mental health and resilience of all students, including those considered at risk and those with special needs. This focus is achieved by applying guidance and counselling skills through direct and indirect processes and through systemic and individual interventions – thus contributing to equitable educational access, participation, and outcomes for all students. The College Counsellor is a certified professional who works in partnership with the school by contributing specialised knowledge and skills in a collaborative manner.
- With Teacher Qualifications – Be registered or eligible to be register with Queensland College of Teachers
- Without Teacher Qualifications – Hold a Working with Children Blue Card
- Be fully supportive of the ethos of Catholic Education
What we offer
- Competitive Salary range: per annum pending experience
- Annual Leave with 17.5% leave loading
- Access to salary packaging options to maximise your salary
- Access to additional Employer Superannuation Contributions
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service (portability of Long Service Leave may also be applicable)
- 14 Weeks’ paid parental leave
- Professional development and Early Career Teacher Support
- Access to Employee Assistance Program
For further information about the role, please download the Position Description Guidance Counsellor
Intending applicants must be fully committed to creating and maintaining a child safe organisation.
Catholic Education is an equal opportunity employer.