- Up to $20k relocation assistance provided to successful applicant
- Assist young people receiving early access to health and other services
- Work collaboratively to ensure the centre delivers youth-focussed services to young people
- Multiple positions available – 2 x Permanent Part Time – 24 hours each per fortnight
About the service
Barwon Health’s Mental Health, Drugs and Alcohol Services and Colac Area Health, in collaboration with other local Colac partners, are establishing a new headspace centre for young people in the Colac/Otway region experiencing early symptoms of mental health disorders and common co-occurring difficulties.
The new Colac centre will act as a ‘one-stop shop’ for young people (aged 12-25 years old) in the community with mental health and wellbeing concerns. It will provide no (or low) cost, youth friendly, holistic care across the headspace four core streams: Mental Health, physical and sexual health, alcohol and other drugs and vocational training/educational support. The centre will prioritise providing and tailoring services to young people at-risk and in the early stages of their condition.
About the role
As the successful applicant, you will work as part of a multidisciplinary team and will be an experienced professional with experience in community engagement and youth advocacy. You will be responsible for the promotion of the headspace Colac services and helping young people receive early access to health and other services. Other duties of your role include:
- Help to increase community awareness of mental health issues among young people
- Facilitate youth and where relevant family participation
- Organise and deliver health promotion activities and community events to engage identified target populations.
- Work collaboratively with all staff located at the headspace Colac to help ensure the centre delivers youth-focussed services to young people
Please note: lived experience of being a consumer of, or carer of a person who has received mental health services is a desirable characteristic, however, not essential.
What we offer
- Up to $20,000 cash re-imbursement to cover relocation expenses
- Opportunity to purchase additional leave and take leave without pay
- Located in the northern suburbs of Geelong, we offer an easier commute from the Western Suburbs of Melbourne, rather than travelling across the city
- Flexible working arrangements
- Professional development
- Access to 24/7 employee wellness facility
- Doorstep to the Great Ocean Road, Bellarine Peninsula and the Surf Coast
- Attractive salary packaging benefits! Living Expenses capped at $9,010 and includes repayments on mortgages, credit cards, personal loans and rental payments / Meal Entertainment & Accommodation capped at $2,650 and includes food and drink consumed in a social or entertainment settings and some accommodation expenditure
Diversity and Inclusion
At Barwon Health we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce where we value each person’s uniqueness. We embrace diverse life experiences and the perspectives of our people, whilst providing high-quality health care to all members of our community, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, religion, cultural background, disability, or sexual orientation.
If we can assist you with any reasonable adjustments in order to submit your application for this role, please contact [email protected] noting your preferred method of communication and contact details and a member of the team will be in touch.
Applicants for this role must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and influenza and meet the requirements of the Barwon health immunisation policy