Position: Community Engagement Worker
Location: Ballarat, however will be required to provide support across the Grampians Region
Type: Full time
Tenure: Fixed term until 30 September 2024
Using your own lived or living experience as a family member, carer or supporter of someone experiencing mental ill-health and/or substance use challenges to inform your work, be part of the team that is establishing the new Grampians Mental Health and Wellbeing Connect Centre. This new Centre, with a base in Ballarat, is for families, carers and supporters seeking information, advice, referral and peer support. Support will be provided by staff with a lived or living experience as a family member, carer or supporter. As the Community Engagement Worker, you will undertake regional needs assessments, establish a Community Participation Group, support the co-design of the new service, lead community engagement activities and develop and implement a community engagement plan. This mobile role will be responsible for engaging with diverse stakeholders. You will work to ensure the Centre understands the needs and aspirations of family, carers and supporters of people who experience mental ill-health and/or substance use challenges and connects them to a wide range of community resources. This role will also make supportive links with existing family and carer support groups and agencies.
What you will bring to the team:
- Experience as a family member, carer or supporter of a person living with mental ill-health and/or substance use challenges is essential for this role.
- Tertiary qualifications (minimum Certificate IV) in Mental Health, Peer Work, Psychology, Social Work, Community Development, Health Promotion or other health related field and/or equivalent experience in a similar industry.
- Proven experience in community engagement work and co-design approaches
What is on offer:
- excellent salary packaging (up to $16 000 general allowance and $2,800 meals and entertainment allowance per year)
- staff culture consistently rated as being a culture of success
- diverse work environment with multi-disciplinary teams
- great social environment, including a staff social club
- Ongoing staff development
Ballarat Community Health (BCH) strives to support health and wellbeing for every person in our community, at every stage of their life. We have a stated commitment to the most vulnerable. We strive for high quality, flexible and responsive service delivery. With 300 staff, we deliver services in five locations across Ballarat and throughout the western region, including outreach services and clinics at a range of locations throughout the Central Highlands.
To obtain a copy of the position description click here.
For further information please contact Joanne Gell, Executive Manager, Client Services on 5338 4500.
Applications must be submitted by 11.59pm on Sunday 17 September 2023.
Together we can have an impact on the health and wellbeing of our community. Be part of something special. Apply now!