- Full time permanent opportunity
- Social Worker, Occupational Therapist or Psychologist
- Clarendon Clinic – East Melbourne location
About the Role
Based at our Clarendon Clinic, which is centrally located and close to multiple public transport routes, this is a great opportunity to increase your skills in community mental health. You will provide a high standard of clinical assessment, treatment and outreach support to clients of the St. Vincent’s integrated adult MHS and their carers, demonstrating excellence in discipline specific and recovery-focused case management skills
You will join a dynamic Mobile Support Mental Health Team operating under a recovery-oriented model of care, utilising the Strengths Model of Case Management.
- Work within the Strengths Model of recovery orientated practice
- Build a therapeutic alliance with the consumer and family/carers and actively engage them in the planning, delivery and evaluation of their care
- Undertake the assessment, provision of treatment and delivery of targeted interventions to consumers with complex mental health related needs and their family/carers in line with SVMH policies and strategic direction
- Work a 7 day rotation roster
Classifications for this position will range from
- OT/SW Grade 2 YB20 – YB23 or YC42 – YC45 ($81,328 – $93,490 per annum)
- Psychologist Grade 2 PK1 – PK4 ($87,287 – $98,285 per annum)
- Bachelor Degree in Occupational Therapy or Social Work
- Clinical Masters in Psychology and current Registration as a Psychologist under the Health Professions Registration Act 2005 (Vic)
- A minimum of at least 2 years post qualification within your profession, preferably within the mental health field
- Experience in the provision of assessment, discipline specific intervention and case management services to consumers with a serious mental illness and complex needs and their carers within a recovery framework
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Post graduate qualifications in relevant area of specialty or in the process of achieving the same are desirable
- Current National criminal history check, or willing to obtain
What We Offer
- Salary Packaging – Increase your take home pay!
- Employee Assistance Program
- Ability to join Fitness Passport – Your pass to an extensive choice of fitness facilities
- Staff Health Centre
- Discounts and Promotions always available through our Foundation
- Career development & advancement encouraged
- Culture of continuous improvement
About the Mental Health Team
St. Vincent’s Mental Health (SVMH) includes an adult area mental health service for the inner city areas of Yarra and Boroondara.
The Clarendon Mobile Support Team provides ongoing specialist treatment and support to meet the identified needs of clients who suffer with a serious mental illness and associated high level of disability in the City of Yarra. The multidisciplinary team provides a range of clinical and therapeutic interventions using the recovery-focused Strengths Model of Recovery-Oriented Practice.
Working at St Vincent’s
St Vincent’s Hospital Melbourne (SVHM) is a leading teaching, research and tertiary health service. SVHM provides a diverse range of adult clinical services and is driven by values of Compassion, Justice, Integrity and Excellence.
- Please attach your resume and cover letter to your application.
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We encourage you to apply promptly as the advertisement may close early should a suitable applicant be sourced.
We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities. Inclusion is essential to our mission and diversity reflects the community we serve.
Please visit our website, for further information regarding our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Employment at SVHM
SVHA has a duty of care under work health and safety legislation to eliminate and/or control the risk of transmission of vaccine preventable diseases in healthcare settings. You may therefore be required to undergo mandatory immunisations/vaccinations (including flu vaccinations).
Contact: Drew Bishop | Manager, Clarendon Community Mental Health Clinic
Ph: (03) 9231 5400