ProCare Australia is the leading specialist recruitment agency for the community service industry in Australia, providing casual, locum and permanent career opportunities.
Our client is committed to providing services that protect and keep children, young people and adults at risk free from harm. They provide services to assist young people to access and find jobs, learn new skills, become great parents and live safe, happier lives. They endeavour to achieve positive results and outcomes for young people to improve their quality of life.
The Coordinator will lead the delivery of the Starfish Program to improve the mental health and social-emotional wellbeing of children and support families increased awareness about their children’s mental health needs. The Coordinator will provide line management to a small team of 5 counsellors.
The role is a full time position based in Deception Bay. The role is funded until 30 June 2023, with the potential for extension.
We are recruiting for this role on behalf of our client. If you apply directly with our client, we are not able to represent you.
- Lead and manage the delivery of the Starfish Program.
- Provide line management to a small team of counsellors, including supervision, debriefing, training and promoting positive team culture.
- Work collaboratively with the Intake Officer to allocate cases to counsellors, as well as support counsellors to effectively manage their caseload of program clients.
- Develop and maintain community networks and regularly liaise with key stakeholders such as First Nations services, CALD services, schools, youth and family services, disability services, mental health services and child and family services.
- Reporting and data collection.
To Be Successful:
- Bachelor degree in Social Work, Psychology or relevant area. (Must be eligible for membership with Professional Body such as AHPRA or AASW).
- Demonstrated experience in delivering mental health and wellbeing programs.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in working with children and young people.
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing a multi-disciplinary team delivering diverse programs. (Supervision, managing performance and fostering a development culture).
- Exposure to Expressive Therapy modalities is desirable or an acceptance of and openness to Expressive Therapy modalities.
- A strong ability to engage with a wide range of stakeholders and build rapport.
- Strong administrative skills, organisational skills and flexibility.
- A warm, friendly personality and the ability to motivate and inspire a team.
- Current QLD Drivers Licence.
- Current Blue Card.
- Current National Police Check (within 12 months).
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Some after hours work required.
Salary and Benefits:
- $86,000 – $90,000 + Superannuation + Salary Sacrifice (Salary is negotiable depending on experience).
- Staff parking onsite.
- Open plan office in beautiful bushland setting.
- Access to EAP Program and Wellbeing apps.
- Flexible working arrangements.
For more information, please contact Recruitment Consultant:
Phone: (07) 3807 2833
Email: [email protected]