Counsellor – Social Worker Grade 2
Fixed Term Part Time – 38 hours per fortnight, 12 month contract
About Dhelkaya Health
Dhelkaya Health is a new health service on Dja Dja Wurrung country; it is the coming together of Castlemaine Health, Maldon Hospital and CHIRP Community Health. Dhelkaya Health is shaping a better health system for the people of Mount Alexander Shire and beyond, while staying true and local in everything it does.
Dhelkaya Health delivers a diverse range of inpatient, outpatient, aged care, community health and outreach services to Mount Alexander Shire. It also delivers assessment, rehabilitation and allied health services to neighbouring shires. Dhelkaya Health is committed to the quality, accessibility and sustainability of acute, aged and community-based healthcare, and family and housing services.
Dhelkaya Health has campuses in Castlemaine and Maldon.
An excellent opportunity exists for a suitably qualified Social Worker to join our Counselling and Psychology Team on a part-time basis. The Counselling and Psychology Team are responsible for the delivery of timely, accessible and high-quality counselling services. Counsellors have a thorough understanding of therapeutic approaches and a commitment to best practice. The Team provide short term, low intensity service to individuals presenting with mental health issues. The successful applicant will preferably have a minimum of 2 years’ experience. Knowledge or experience with working with clients who experience suicidal ideation is preferable.
Culture and Benefits
Castlemaine and Maldon are located on Dja Dja Wurrung country in the Mount Alexander Shire. The area is renowned for its creativity, history and as host to the Castlemaine State Festival. The shire is a short drive from Melbourne, Ballarat and Bendigo, a UNESCO Creative City of Gastronomy. Combined with a wide range of sporting clubs and outdoor recreation opportunities, unique natural environment and historic goldfields, the community offers a rich diverse culture for all to enjoy.
- Free on-site parking is available to all staff and visitors.
- Salary Packaging/Salary Sacrificing
- Fitness Passport is available to all staff members across Dhelkaya Health. You and your family can sign up to unlimited access to more than 120 gyms, pools and fitness facilities on your program!
- Our Health and Wellbeing program; including access to a Social Worker, Pastoral Care Office, Prevention of Bullying & Harassment Officers, Physiotherapy services, vaccination programs and other health services as required.
- The Dhelkaya Health Social Club brings staff from all areas of the hospital together in friendly and casual environment, with a variety of events and activities held throughout the year
Dhelkaya Health values diversity and encourages individuals from all cultures and backgrounds to apply.
Further information is available from Deanna Blakeley, Acting Manager, Counselling and Psychology Services 5471 3630
Applications close Friday 1st July 2022
Position descriptions and applications addressing the key selection criteria can be submitted on the Castlemaine Health website: http://www.castlemainehealth.org.au/employment-opportunities/
All appointments are subject to a cleared National Disability Insurance Scheme Worker Screening Check (NDIS Check) and compliance with Castlemaine Health Vaccination Policy.