- Job Type: Part time
- Location: Launceston
- Award and Level: SCHADS Level 5
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Counsellor to join our Phoenix team. This is an exciting opportunity to join an experienced and locally and nationally recognised trauma and mental health service supporting children, young people, adults, families and communities from refugee and migrant backgrounds.
Migrant Resource Centre Tasmania (MRC Tas) is a not-for-profit organisation with a focus on meeting the needs of migrants, humanitarian entrants and refugees through effective, targeted, and meaningful services. Our passionate and energetic teams thrive on making a lasting difference.
The Phoenix Centre provides a range of specialised mental health support services for people from a CALD background, including survivors of torture and trauma, and is the Tasmanian member of the Forum of Australian Services for Survivors of Torture and Trauma (FASSTT).
About the role
The Counsellor is responsible for the delivery of specialised trauma informed and recovery-oriented counselling, groupwork and related support services for individuals and families with a CALD background of all ages, gender, including people from asylum, humanitarian and refugee backgrounds. The Counsellor contributes to community education and capacity building with CALD communities, external services and the Tasmanian community.
The successful candidate will have
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant counselling discipline eg: social work, psychology or counselling.
- Experience in counselling and the ability to undertake comprehensive assessments with children, young people and adults and families
- Demonstrated experience and sensitivity in working with people with a CALD background including people who have experienced trauma and torture.
- Experience and skills in facilitating groupwork, community development and delivering
For further information please read the Position Description and Selection Criteria and contact Jane Carlson for a confidential conversation about the role, on 03 6221 0999 or 0400 949 660 within business hours.
What do we offer?
- Salary Packaging
- Access to Employee Assistance Program
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
- Health & Wellbeing days of paid leave and more!
How to Apply?
To complete your application, access the link below
or visit our Careers page
Employment is subject to a satisfactory National Police Check, Working with Vulnerable People registration and vaccination against COVID 19.
Applications close: 9:00am – Wednesday, 27 July 2022
MRC Tas is committed to child safety and has zero tolerance for child abuse.
MRC Tas values diversity and inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from under-represented groups, including people with disability, people with caring responsibilities, LGBTIQA+ people, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are encouraged and supported.