Help us make a difference
The Director of Support Services is a key leadership role within the organisation. Will you join us? We’re a growing health service and require a Director of Support Services to join our Support Services Division. The Director of Support Services provides leadership in the provision, review and management of a coordinated high quality support services including Food and Environmental, Patient Support, Diagnostic and Administrative services. The Director of Support Services is responsible for all aspects of operational management: including structures, staffing, and managing the activity and budget of the Division where appropriate, and will work collaboratively with other operating divisions to plan, develop and implement coordinated support services and will lead continual improvement in safety & quality of support services within the Division.
Who we’re looking for
A passionate, caring and skilled Director of Support Services with the following attributes:
- Hold an appropriate degree or qualification in business administration or equivalent.
- Proven management experience, preferably in the health sector.
- Demonstrated experience in the leadership, mentoring and management of a diverse team of staff.
- Demonstrated capacity to establish and maintain relationships with people at all levels and forge partnerships with key stakeholders.
- A knowledge, understanding, commitment and demonstration of a customer service culture in health care
- Highly developed leadership skills with the ability to influence thinking, drive change, cultivate strong relationships and facilitate the provision of quality services with a stakeholder and patient focus.
- Sound decision making, negotiation, conflict resolution and problem solving skills.
- Sound experience in managing service improvement initiatives, with capacity to work with highly motivated professional staff with competing allegiances to AWH and their professional disciplines.
- You will be energetic, innovative and have demonstrated experience in leading change, with excellent interpersonal skills that promotes a positive workplace culture with an engaged workforce.
Why you should join the Albury Wodonga Health Team
- Provide high-level leadership and drive the promotion of the values of the organisation, present as a role model and maintain the ability to influence senior staff, executives and clinicians to foster alignment of priorities and values. Generous study leave to support postgraduate clinical studies
- We’re the largest regional health service between Melbourne and Sydney
- It’s a great career move to Australia’s only cross-border health service
- We offer attractive remuneration packages with excellent benefits, including salary packaging, novated leasing and wellbeing programs
- You’ll enjoy wonderful employee benefits and development opportunities
- You’ll have non-clinical time to support agreed portfolio/quality activities
- We offer generous relocation and resettling support
- Build a life you love outside of work in the idyllic Albury Wodonga region
- Engage with Consumer Advisors to evaluate and review patient experience and service planning.
Our team of nearly 3,000 staff supports a population of 250,000 people throughout North-East Victoria and Southern NSW. AWH is a dynamic organisation undergoing significant growth, including the development of new state-of-the-art Mental Health and Emergency Department facilities, including new acute mental health inpatient units, as well as master planning for a new world-class regional hospital.
Name Emma Poland
Email [email protected]