Position Classification: Social Worker Lvl 3 or Psychologist
Remuneration: $35.93 – $54.78 per hour dependant on qualifications
Hours Per Week: 24
Requisition ID: REQ428213
Lismore Community Health has an exciting career opportunity for a Domestic Violence Counsellor to join their professional team. Providing specialist therapeutic and case management services to clients who have experienced recent domestic violence. The service aims to support and facilitate the safety and wellbeing of individuals experiencing domestic violence who are predominantly women and children affected by domestic and family violence.
Being a female is recognised as a genuine occupation qualification and is authorised under section 31(2h) of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977
If you have/are:
- Relevant qualification in Bachelor of Social Work with eligibility for membership to Australian Association of Social Workers OR Degree in Psychology and eligibility for full registration with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Advanced clinical experience and understanding of the domestic violence service delivery setting and advanced knowledge of, and experience in safety planning and child protection issues where women and children are at risk of harm
- Extensive experience in assessment and therapeutic interventions, including: case formulation; intervention; planning (including case management); counselling; and group work, with capacity to implement a range of evidence informed and culturally appropriate therapeutic models
- Highly developed time management skills with interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated capacity to work in partnership with others
We can offer you:
· Flexible and supportive work environment
· Diverse career pathways
· Professional and personal development
· Opportunities to start or build a career, or re-enter the workforce
· Challenging, inspiring and rewarding roles, and
· The opportunity to make a difference!
Northern NSW Local Health District embraces the diverse skills and perspectives that our people bring to the workplace. We foster inclusiveness and diversity to help us deliver quality care to our community.
NNSWLHD is committed to reconciliation and strongly encourages Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people to apply for this position. All applications from Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people will be viewed most favourably. For help with your application to this role visit Stepping Up, our online recruitment resource for Aboriginal people.
· To apply for this position, you must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident, or be able to independently, legally live and work in Australia. For more information please see www.border.gov.au
· You may be subject to a probationary period of three months from the date of appointment to this position.
To be appointed as a Level 3 Health Professional evidence must be provided of three years’ clinical experience and demonstrated experience of extensive specialist knowledge or a high level of broad generalist knowledge within the discipline as defined by the award definitions of a level 3 practitioner
Applications Close: 20 September 2023