Significant investment across Sunshine Hospital has seen the recent unveiling of the brand new mental health, alcohol and other drugs hub – including a dedicated, high-acuity Behavioural Assessment Unit. Additionally, the completion of the new Adult and Paediatric Emergency Departments and Fast Track services, the Short Stay Unit and the Rapid Assessment Discharge Unit.
The development has resulted in the creation of new positions for Emergency Mental Health Clinicians. You will play a valuable part in the daily operations and support of our innovative patient care model and service delivery. Your duties will include;
- Conducting assessments and liaising with mental health clients
- ED consumer management, inpatient unit transfers and secondary consultations
- Engaging with families and community care providers to ensure consumer care and support is adequately established post ED presentation
- Planning disposition and ongoing consumer care plans
As an Emergency Mental Health Clinician you will demonstrate leadership skills in fast paced environment. You will be organised, patient and empathetic using your initiative to guide and support the department.
To be successful for this role you will hold:
- A degree in either Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Social Work or Psychology
- A postgraduate qualification in Mental Health
- Demonstrated experience in a variety of clinical mental health settings, including acute mental health
- High level skills and knowledge in conducting mental health and risk assessments management plans and comprehensive care formulations
Western Health Benefits
You will enjoy a wide range of benefits such as:
- Salary packaging (potentially reducing your tax and maximise your net salary)
- A great work-life balance with caring personal support
- Quality professional development
- Real career advancement opportunities.
How to Apply
Please click the ‘Apply’ button now