Family, Community & Relationships Practitioner – Griffith
To assist with meeting the growing demand for our services, Centacare are currently seeking a Family & Relationship Counsellor to join our inclusive, supportive and collaborative team in Griffith.
The aim of a Family & Relationship Counsellor is to provide a range of therapeutic inventions for children, youth and adults.
- Hold tertiary qualifications in either Counselling (minimum diploma level), Social Work, Psychology, Occupational Therapist or be a Mental Health Nurse.
- Demonstrated experience in a wide range of counselling theory and practice and experience in counselling across the lifespan.
- Demonstrated experience delivering evidence-based group work and the ability to apply that to a variety of contexts.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the issues leading to family dysfunction, family breakdown, child abuse, family and domestic violence, homelessness and unemployment.
- Sensitivity to the needs of people with special needs including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Cultural and Linguistically Diverse clients and the disabled and disadvantaged.
- Must obtain or willingness to obtain a Working With Children Check, Police Check and NDIS Worker Screening Check
- Be full vaccinated for COVID-19
- Membership or intended membership application with professional bodies, Australian Counselling Association (ACA), Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW), Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia (PACFA), The Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Mental Health Accreditation with AASW.
- Experience in and knowledge of, assessment, individual and group treatment and behaviour intervention treatment models (e.g. Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Dialectical Behaviour Therapy, Strengths-based Approaches and Trauma-informed Care).
- You’ll get to work with some really talented people!
- Great employee benefits (we get extra leave for all the hard work)
- Make a positive difference in the lives of others!
- Professional development & career mentoring
- Generous salary packaging options ……………& much more
How to apply
Please email a Resume and Cover Letter addressing the above selection criteria to [email protected]
For further information or to obtain the full position description please email [email protected]
Applications close: Monday 8th August 2022 (please note we will be conducting interviews before the closing date for suitable applicants).