Yerin Eleanor Duncan is looking for a suitably qualified Family Time and Casework Support Worker to join our Permanency Support Program, Out-of-Home Care Team. The Family Time and Casework Support Worker will provide casework support to Caseworker, and provide support during family time visits between children and young people in out-of-home care, and their parent/family/kin.
The successful candidate can meet all essential criteria:
- Experience working with children and young people
Benefits of Working with Us
- Receive an attractive salary with salary packaging (up to $15,899 per annum).
- Flexible and family friendly working arrangements negotiable.
- Professional development and training opportunities.
- Access to bi-monthly cultural supervision.
- Receive an additional 3 days leave between Christmas and New Year.
Selection Criteria Questions
Please ensure you individually address each of the essential criteria below.
- Please give testimony to your Aboriginal identity and explain your connection to Darkinjung or the community you are from including your thoughts on how this relates to this role.
- Describe your knowledge and understanding of the importance of belonging, positive identity and cultural connectedness for children and young people who are in out-of-home care.
- Describe your knowledge of working within a trauma informed framework and knowledge of child development, attachment and trauma in children and young people.
- Provide examples and/or evidence of the importance of confidentiality as it relates to the service and families involved in the program.
- Describe how you demonstrate that you are warm, friendly and confident in your approach with the children and their families.
- Outline your ability to produce reports that reflect the family time visits and interactions between parents, families and siblings.
- Outline your verbal and written communication skills, organisational skills and computer literacy.
Does this sound like you?
Apply via our website and answer the selection criteria by Friday 29th July 2022.
The Selection Criteria must be addressed for applications to be considered.
Please call the Child and Family Services Manager, Breannon Field, to discuss any questions regarding this opportunity on (02) 4351 1040.
To request the position description, please email [email protected]
This is an identified Position under Section 9A of the NSW Anti-Discrimination Act 1977