THE ROLE – Family Advocacy Support Service Practitioner
As a key member of the family violence team, you will work closely with Federal Circuit and Family Court on behalf of service users to:
- Provide information, advocacy, referrals and support to female or gender diverse clients affected by family violence.
- Complete MARAM assessments and safety planning.
- This role will be required to work flexibly, with the ability to provide fulltime support during court sitting circuit days.
- Represent Quantum at regular working groups with relevant stakeholders and attend specialised training.
BENEFITS – What Quantum offer;
- Based at the Court during circuit | Flexible working arrangements
- Job Security – 0.4EFT | 15.20 hrs p/w with capacity to work fulltime during Court circuit (fulltime requirement: 1 week block approximately 4-6 times a year)
- Fixed term for 3 years with potential for ongoing after pilot concludes
- Salary – SCHADS Award Level 5 | Pro-rata at 0.4EFT based on the full time rate of $88,760 P/A | + Superannuation | Annual indexation | Portable long service leave | Leave opportunities.
- Mobile phone and resources applicable to the role.
- Personal Growth | Training & professional development | Supervision & support
- Promotional opportunities within the Organisation.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE – what you will bring.
- Your excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with clients, families, colleagues, Government Departments, and other agencies.
- Experience and knowledge in assessing risk and safety in line with MARAM frameworks and tools would be advantageous.
- You will enjoy the flexibility to work full-time during court circuit sittings.
- Valid Victorian Driver’s Licence |Working with Children Check |Police Check
- A tertiary qualification is required in Social Work (preferred) or relevant qualification, as per Royal Commission Recommendation 209 – Mandatory Minimum Qualifications for Specialist FV Workers. Mandatory Minimum Qualifications – Qualifications Mapping.cleaned.pdf. Applicants with field experience and a willingness to engage in further study whilst employed to meet Recommendation 209 are encouraged to apply.
About Quantum Support Services
Established in 1987 we are Industry Leaders striving to provide services to positively improve lives within the Gippsland community. Quantum is a child safe organisation who believes the celebration of diversity makes us and the community stronger. We are committed to embracing everyone’s individual differences so that we can help create a strong workplace and community that is empowered to reach its potential.
How to apply
To review the Position Description please refer to our website at www.quantum.org.au/careers
This role is considered an ‘authorised worker’. In light of the Chief Medical Officers advice only COVID-19 vaccinated (or exempt) applicants should apply.
To apply please submit a detailed cover letter with your current Resume and 3 referees to [email protected] or click on the “Apply” button and follow the prompts!
For further information in relation to this opportunity please contact Carolyn Richards on 1800 243 455
Applications close: 9am Friday 5th August 2022