- Based in Wodonga or Wangaratta
- Full-time (1 FTE)
- 2 Year Fixed Term Contract
Gateway Health is a not-for-profit Company limited by guarantee and a registered Community Health Service under the Health Services Act 1988 (Vic).
The organisation employs over 380 staff providing a range of primary health and community services across the Ovens Murray region in North East Victoria and parts of Southern New South Wales. Gateway Health serves all people, and is committed to improving individual and population health outcomes. We will do this by providing health care and support to individuals and communities in times of need, and by actively working with our partners to address the social and environmental determinants of health.
We are looking for a psychology or social work graduate to work in a role that makes a real impact on individuals and families.
The purpose of this position is to provide professional and confidential counselling services in a safe and supportive environment to individuals. The Counsellor supports a wide range of clients towards improved mental health and well-being by applying a client-centred approach, working with clients’ strengths, and drawing upon a robust array of evidence based counselling and/or therapeutic models, skills, techniques, and modalities. The Counsellor will assist individuals, families and affected others within the Gamblers Help Portfolio to manage gambling related harms and assist individuals to reduce or stabilise gambling behaviours.
Recently qualified graduates and students who are currently studying are encouraged to apply.
Successful applicants must have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Counselling, Social Work, Health Sciences, Psychology, Behavioural and Social Sciences or relevant equivalent studies and extensive experience in counselling, welfare or health fields.
- Microsoft Office and typing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills including effective communication and the ability to adhere to Gateway Health’s values, policies and procedures.
- Current Victorian Working with Children’s Check and Police Check.
- A Current Victorian Driver’s license and an ability to travel
Agreement: Community Health Centre (Stand Alone Services) Social and Community Service Employees Multi Enterprise Agreement 2017
Classification: Level 4 or 5 dependent on qualifications and experience
GATEWAY HEALTH CULTURE
Gateway Health promotes a learning culture that encourages innovation and initiative and recognises our staff as our greatest asset. Gateway Health is committed to creating a workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We believe that a workforce that recognises and celebrates diversity will best meet the health and well-being needs of all people we serve within our community.
GATEWAY HEALTH BENEFITS
- Laptop, mobile phone with remote access on and offsite
- Not For Profit Salary Packaging A$15,900 tax free
- Ability to work from home + paid parental leave
- Professional development + ongoing training and support provided
- Free car parking
- Fitness Passport – a discounted workplace health and fitness program for you and your family
- Access to regular external supervision debriefing with Employee Assistance Program (EAP) support available as needed, together with Group Supervision and Wellness activities.
If this role sounds like you then please click the apply button and forward on your resume and cover letter and selection criteria responses
Please go to www.gatewayhealth.org.au to review the Application Process and full position details including Position Description.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE SUNDAY 7th August 2022
Gateway Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to creating a workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We believe that a workforce that recognises and celebrates diversity will best meet the health and well-being needs of all people we serve including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples; people with disability, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and gender diverse people, intersex people, people experiencing health inequalities, and culturally and linguistically diverse people.