Welcome to St John of God Health Care
St John of God Health Care is one of the largest private providers of health care services in Australia, employing more than 16,000 employees (caregivers). We operate 27 hospitals and services comprising more than 3,500 hospital beds, including home nursing, disability services and social outreach programs.
With over 127 years’ experience in health care, we have an excellent reputation as a caring, nurturing and supportive employer. Learning is highly valued and there are many opportunities for professional development.
St John of God Hawkesbury District Health Service is a teaching hospital in Windsor NSW, providing acute, community and allied health services for the local community and surrounding areas. We provide 24-hour emergency, medical, surgical, diagnostic, maternity, neonatal, paediatric, palliative, intensive and coronary care services, and after hour GP services. Our 131-bed healthcare facility is operated by St John of God Health Care, and provides public patient services under a public-private partnership with the Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District.
A rare opportunity is available for an experienced Generalists Counsellor to commence with us on a permanent part time basis. In this position, you will provide assessment, ongoing case management, referral and follow-up for clients seeking assistance with substance use issues.This may involve brief interventions, counseling, initiating and managing planned treatment options, consultation and referral to other agencies or crisis management. The intervention provided is based on current best practice models, including motivational interviewing, cognitive restructuring and social learning theories.
If want to work alongside a passionate and professional multi-disciplinary team in order to facilitate position changes for someone?s life, then we would love to hear from you!
To be considered Applicants must be eligible for registration in Social Work, Nursing, Psychology with the appropriate professional body or a degree level tertiary qualification in a related field and hold a valid NSW Driver?s License.
This is a permanent part time position of 48 hours per fortnight.
The successful candidate will have:
- A willingness and capacity to embrace the Mission and Values of St John of God Health Care.
- Relevant Qualifications at post-graduate level or equivalent, and full registration with appropriate governing professional body. Clinicians may come from different backgrounds such as Social Work, Drug & Alcohol Counselling, Nursing, or Psychotherapy, but must have specialised training.
- A minimum 2 years? experience working within current field.
- Demonstrated advanced clinical skills including knowledge, assessment, intervention and evaluation within the Counselling clinical speciality.
- Demonstrated team skills, negotiation and conflict resolution skills. Ability to work independently within various multidisciplinary teams.
- Demonstrated understanding of Case Management Principles advanced administrative, prioritisation and organisational skills.
- Demonstrated advanced interpersonal verbal and written communication skills (including ability to communicate using Medium to high computer literacy)
- Demonstrated ability to self-direct learning, including identifying gaps in skills and knowledge and developing strategies for enhancement.
- Maintain and can produce a record of ongoing professional development
- Demonstrate competence in more than one therapeutic modality.
- Current NSW driver License and willingness to drive.
We can offer you the following:
- Generous salary packaging options
- Up to $9010 on a range of benefits such as mortgage, your rent, or other everyday living expenses
- Up to $2650 on meal entertainment, holiday accommodation and venue hire
- Access to novated leasing to use pre-tax dollars for a car and expenses
- A welcoming & supportive culture
- Flexible work options
- Discounts on hospital services & private health insurance
- Option to purchase up to two weeks of additional annual leave
- Highly competitive salary & conditions
- Opportunities for post-graduate course support
- Professional development opportunities
- Various corporate discounts & benefits
- On-site subsidised parking
- Employee Assistance Program
* All applicants must address the Selection Criteria (as detailed on the last page of the Position Description)
St John of God Health Care embraces diversity and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people with disabilities. We are committed to providing a safe environment for all children and vulnerable people in our care and proactively take measures to protect children/vulnerable people from abuse.
All caregivers employed by St John of God Health Care are required to be vaccinated from Covid-19, or meet the criteria for exemption, in order to fulfil the requirements of the role.