EXPERIENCED GROUP THERAPISTS (Mental Health Nurse Therapist / Psychologist / Social Worker / Occupational Therapist / Counsellor (Part time across day and evenings)
Delmont Private Hospital is an 88 bed private mental health facility with an extensive Inpatient, Day Program, Outreach and Specialist Consulting Suite.
The Day Patient Therapy Program offers specific group programs to patients across General Acute Adult Psychiatry, Substance Abuse and Addiction, Young Adults and Aged Psychiatry during business hours, in the evenings and on weekends.
We are seeking enthusiastic, motivated and innovative individuals with specialised skills and experience in the delivery of general psychiatric groups to work within the Day Programs team.
You must be team player with a positive, flexible and adaptable outlook with . Specialist skills in DBT, Schema and working with young people would be highly regarded. A strong theoretical base in CBT, ACT, MI, Relapse Prevention, Solution Focused and or mindfulness is beneficial. You will have a vision for excellence, a strong interest in program development and enjoy the challenge of providing quality care and service to people with complex mental health issues.
Attractive remuneration, excellent working conditions including free onsite parking and supported by a multidisciplinary team.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience and as per the relevant Delmont EA.
Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications will be reviewed as received.
Key selection criteria:
- Qualified and registered Mental Health Nurse Therapist, Psychologist, Social Worker, Occupational Therapist or Counsellor, with a minimum of 2 years’ experience working in acute adult mental health setting.
- Demonstrated ability working in a group setting
- Strong understanding and experience working with a range of theoretical frameworks including DBT, Schema, CBT, ACT, MI, Relapse Prevention, Solution Focused and or Mindfulness.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, implement and evaluate evidence-based group interventions
- A flexible, innovative and compassionate approach to working with resistance.
- Ability to work across the day and evenings in a permanent part time capacity.
Robyn Baird, HR