Position Classification: Social Worker Level 5
Remuneration: $122,738.00 – $125,807.00 per annum
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: REQ430310
Where you’ll be working
Auburn Hospital is a teaching hospital of the University of Notre Dame and serves a unique population with 60 per cent of local residents born overseas. This is an exciting opportunity to work with staff and patients from a diverse range of cultures and backgrounds. Auburn Hospital has a strong sense of community where professional development and quality improvement activities are supported and achievements are recognised and celebrated.
What you’ll be doing
This position is responsible for the management and leadership of the Social Work Department at Auburn Hospital. We are looking for an amazing leader who can bring out the best in individuals and teams.
What this role and WSLHD Allied Health will offer you:
- An opportunity to work in a supportive, inclusive and caring team environment
- Ongoing education and development including clinical supervision, in-services, and Professional Development opportunities
- Opportunities to lead and be involved in research, with established partnerships with universities and a WSLHD Professor of Allied Health
- Programs and learning opportunities for Allied Health staff funded by WSLHD include:
- Accelerated Implementation Methodology (AIM): a course for staff leading projects to provide them with the knowledge, skills and structure to effectively manage change
- sparQ: Empowering safety and quality excellence through leadership and development at WSLHD
Other benefits of working for Western Sydney Local Health District:
• Paid Allocated Day Off (ADO) every month, in addition to your annual leave
• Salary Packaging Scheme – lowers your taxable income and increases your take-home pay.
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – a professional counselling and coaching service that offers confidential, short-term support for work-related and personal issues, which you and your immediate family can access
• Fitness Passport – permanent employees and their immediate family members can sign-up for this affordable membership which allows access to an extensive range of gyms, pools and fitness services from multiple providers across NSW.
• Paid Maternity and Parental Leave
• Study Leave
• Potential transfer of leave/service to other eligible public sector organisations
People with disabilities who meet the selection criteria are encouraged to apply; and where required, WSLHD will implement reasonable adjustment consistent with industry standard.
Stepping Up aims to assist Aboriginal job applicants by providing information about applying for roles in NSW Health organisations. For more information, please visit https://www.steppingup.health.nsw.gov.au/ Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Please note: To be eligible for permanent appointment to a position in NSW Health, you must have an Australian citizenship or permanent Australian residency.
Qualification: Degree in Social Work with eligibility for membership of the Australian Association of Social Work (AASW)
- Must hold a Bachelor or post graduate degree in Social Work that provides eligibility for full membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW).
- Demonstrated advanced clinical skills and clinical experience in the provision of Social Work services across a broad range of clinical areas.
- Extensive experience and demonstrated ability in building and maintaining professional and therapeutic relationships with key stakeholders and patients through the application of well-developed written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated high level organisational, prioritisation and time management skills in an environment of competing clinical and administrative demands.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in the leadership, supervision, and management of Social Work professionals.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and lead change across the service to improve service delivery models and meet identified KPIs.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate, lead and implement quality improvement initiatives and service evaluation processes.
- Demonstrated commitment to own professional development and experience implementing evidence-based practice.
Applications Close: 19th of September 2023