Yarra Valley Grammar is a leading, coeducational school in the Anglican tradition catering for students from Early Learning to Year 12.
We understand the value of students working together to develop teamwork, sociability and self confidence. Yarra Valley Grammar is a school with an affirming culture which gives its students the confidence to achieve.
We are looking for a current psychologist (registered with AHPRA) who is accountable for having an overview of matters related to student wellbeing including, but not only, the provision of opportunities and programs in support for students, staff and parents of the School. Part of this role will include short term personal counselling of students within the context of their life within the School. The role includes coordinating the referral of students for longer term professional counselling and for the coordination of short term support for families of the School, as well as oversight of required reporting protocols
In particular, the successful applicant will demonstrate experience in the following key performance indicators:
- Positive and timely counselling / outcomes re student referrals to external medical / counselling specialists
- Positive, professional and confidential dealings with all students and parents, including detailed reports
- Professional and positive referrals of staffing issues to appropriate Senior Management Personnel
- Effective and efficient contribution to the professional development of staff by way of programs in support of wellbeing
- Initiative in suggesting and implementing opportunities / programs in support of student wellbeing
- Implementing and managing opportunities / programs during the course of the year and providing to the Principal a written report on each
- Efficient and effective follow up of matters brought to attention.
- Maintain registration with AHPRA and complete appropriate professional development required by the School.
A salary commensurate with experience will be offered. The successful applicant must have current VIT registration and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Please visit www.yvg.vic.edu.au to view the Position Description.
Applications (via email only) of a one page cover letter and curriculum vitae with the names of three referees, one of whom will be your current Principal, are to be addressed to Dr Mark Merry, Principal, no later than 4pm on Thursday 4 August, 2022. Email: [email protected]
Yarra Valley Grammar is a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse. It is a condition of employment that all employees comply with various policies and procedures, including Child Safe policies. Failure to comply with these policies will result in disciplinary action.