Job no: 0056418
Role type: Part time/ Fixed-term until July 2024
Faculty: Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences
Department/School: Melbourne School of Population and Global health
Salary: UOM 8 – 110,709 – $119,829 p.a. plus 17% super
The University of Melbourne would like to acknowledge and pay respect to the Traditional Owners of the lands upon which our campuses are situated, the Wurundjeri and Boon Wurrung peoples, the Yorta Yorta Nation, the Dja Dja Wuurang people. We acknowledge that the land on which we meet and learn was the place of age-old ceremonies, of celebration, initiation and renewal, and that the local Aboriginal peoples have had and continue to have a unique role in the life of these lands.
About the Melbourne School of Population and Global health
The Melbourne School of Population and Global Health (MSPGH) is a respected leader in the field of public health education, research and knowledge exchange. The MSPGH was established in 2001 as the first school of its kind in Australia with a vision to make a difference in the population and public health sphere – building on the substantial assets of our University to advance public health in communities nationally and internationally – with a strong focus on Indigenous peoples.
About the Role
The Health and Wellbeing Practitioner will work collaboratively with teaching and learning leadership in the development and implementation of programs, resources and procedures related to student health and wellbeing. The Health and Wellbeing Practitioner will be expected to exercise leadership through the provision of support and assistance to all graduate students enrolled in programs offered by the School.
- Aligned with the philosophy, policies and practices of the Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences and The University of Melbourne the incumbent will be proactive and responsive to the emerging wellbeing needs of students within MSPGH educational programs.
- Designing, deliver and evaluate programs promoting student health and wellbeing.
- Demonstrating the ability to adhere to professional boundaries, maintaining confidentiality and discretion.
You are enthusiastic, energetic and self-motivated with a flexible and adaptable approach to helping others. Your highly developed organisational skills and record keeping capabilities will enable you to prioritise a range of tasks, manage time effectively and meet deadlines in a busy environment.
You will also have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Psychology, Social Work or similar, and membership of relevant registration body (AASW for Social Workers, AHPRA for Psychologists).
- Extensive case management experience in tertiary education or health/allied health environment.
- Proven experience designing and delivering group presentations.
About the University
The University of Melbourne is consistently ranked amongst the leading universities in the world. We are proud of our people, our commitment to research and teaching excellence, and our global engagement.
Benefits of Working with Us
In addition to having the opportunity to grow and be challenged, and to be part of a vibrant campus life, our people enjoy a range of rewarding benefits:
- Flexible working arrangements, generous personal, parental and cultural leave
- Competitive remuneration, 17% super, salary packaging and leave loading
- Free and subsidised health and wellbeing services, and access to fitness and cultural clubs
- Discounts on a wide range of products and services including Myki cards and Qantas Club
- Career development opportunities and 25% off graduate courses for staff and their immediate families
To find out more, visit https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/staff-benefits.
We value the unique backgrounds, experiences and contributions that each person brings to our community and encourage and celebrate diversity. First Nations people, those identifying as LGBTQIA+, females, people of all ages, with disabilities and culturally and linguistically diverse people are encouraged to apply. Our aim is to create a workforce that reflects the community in which we live.
If you feel this role is right for you, please apply with your CV and cover letter outlining your interest and experience. Please note that you are not required to provide responses against the selection criteria in the Position Description.
We are dedicated to ensuring barrier free and inclusive practices to recruit the most talented candidates. If you require any reasonable adjustments with the recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected].
The University of Melbourne is required to comply with applicable health guidance and directions issued from the Victorian Health Minister. All University of Melbourne employees are to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless an exemption order applies. Applicants must meet this requirement when submitting an application.
Position description: PD Health & Wellbeing Practitioner.docx
Applications close: 29 JULY 2022 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Standard Time